Used 1994 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 98 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1994 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Montana camry
By montana mama

1994 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

This has been a great car. My husband and I travel a lot and we have been so blessed by the reliability of this car. We are so thankful. We have driven it in a lot of different conditions and it has handled well. Our car has over 208,000 miles and its still kicking. We hope to have it for another 100,000.

Reliability, comfort

None

Well, it is 15 years old
By BSS

1994 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I got my Camry w/low mileage in 2002, & currently it has 117,000 mi. After just replacing cv jt, the starter went out. I knew it was leaking a little oil & power steering fluid--but it turns out I should've had those checked first. Water pump, timing belt, entire power steering system, & valve cover gasket all on their way out. I don't expect even a Toyota to run forever, but this is at 117,000 mi. I don't skip oil changes, & am not that hard on cars--tho I didn't realize how serious a pwr steering leak can be. Overall it's been pretty reliable--just hate it's all going at once. I'm trying Honda next.

Comfortable, quiet, love the V6

The door handle broke off, & the leather looked horrible when I bought it--but mostly, the dash. I don't know how it happened, but it's nasty, cracked, & rubs off when touched so it can't be cleaned, very odd, awful smell. Beyond weird to me.

Wonderful car
By golfman

1994 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

Am finally moving on from this car after 16 years. Has been a great auto. Extremely reliable. This was basically the Lexus ES 300 with a different body and missing some bells and whistles. Toyota later thought this car was too good for the price and "decontented" it. I've had no major issues or repairs with it. Replaced the timing chain around 80k miles. I'm even reluctantly giving it up at this point, but there are just too many nice features on the new cars to pass up. I have the black exterior and tan interior and still think the car looks good today. A real peach.

Reliability, smooth ride, good power in V6, decent gas mileage, huge trunk.

Not much. Small negatives I've had include the power antenna motor dying, paint chipping on wheel covers, some radio control buttons cracking, and an electrical sensor going bad.

Great Car - 12 yr owner of 15 yr old car
By alexa

1994 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 1997 when it was 3 years old with 40-K miles, I have owned it since and it is at 275-K and running smoothly. I have all the regular maintenance done and recently drove it non-stop 450 miles on one 16-gallon tank of gas. I am not selling it since I cannot get what it is worth, everyone sneers at the mileage and age of the car, but I know that it is a great car, will not be surprised if it makes 500-K miles. No problem at all just change tires, routine maintenance, very little rust, change batteries, etc.

Reliability, comfortable and smooth on the road, still got power and pep after 15 years!

None!

Excellent Car
By twocruzin

1994 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new in Jan 1994 and have put over 250K miles on it. The engine has never been touched and it does not use or burn oil. I have strictly followed the maint schedule & use Mobil 1. I just recently replaced all 4 struts because I intend to keep this car for at least another 100K miles. Over the years, I've replaced a few parts. Other than the struts, the most major thing being all 4 window regulators. This car still drives and rides great and we do not hesitate to jump in and drive cross country - which we just did. This model year was one of the best Toyota ever built. I'm glad I bought it. It still gets well over 30 mpg on the highway. It has 25 coats of wax on it.

Build quality. The handling and ride. I still like the styling. The paint still looks the same as when I brought the car home from the dealer.

Build more like this one.