Used 1993 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 96 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1993 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Reliable Car
By D. Corley

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I bought my car in '96 with 40k miles. I only had 1 major problem with it, oil leaks and this was around the 60-70k miles. I have had it for 10 years and have 105k miles and hope to keep it another 10. It is very reliable and rides nicely. However, had problems with the power windows twice. Overall I have been very happy with the car. My husband has a '97 and it rides nicely too.

Rides nicely, quiet engine, roomy trunk, seat goes down and can carry large items.

Classic Camry
By Dave

1993 Toyota Camry SE V6 4dr Sedan

Bought this car used from a private party, skeptical at first, turns out to be simply a supurb vehicle. Having the 6 cylinder and standard transmission, there is no complaints about get up and go here. Nothing has gone wrong in the 2 years I have owned it, the ride quality is excellent, and it has proved to be very versatile. Im 17 and this car is PERFECT!!!! Anyone who knows anything about cars will know that the Camry is notorious for being an exeptionally reliable car, I have 169k miles, and still have 131k to go! The styling of the '93 is more attractive than what it became in 1997. Simply put, this car is excellent and has been nothing but good news for the whole time I have owned it.

The spoiler, the standard aluminum sport wheels, the AWESOME stock sound system, the sunroof, V6, the whole car is great

Only suggestion is different antenna idea, it gets stuck sometimes in REALLY COLD weather, and the trunk drips water and snow in when opened in weather.

Wow!
By Christa

1993 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I have a 1993 toyoda camry 4 door LE sedan and it is the best car ever. What other car is going to be running like brand new with 194,000 miles. This car is the best car ever. The only complaint I have is my paint job because it is fading but hey it is 13 years old.

The performance and the style.

none

Best Car Value "Ever" Nominee
By family man

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I hesitated buying this car in 1997 because I thought it was pricey for a 4 year old car with 84,000 miles on it. Eight tears later in 2005 with 215,000 miles on it, I have no regrets. It is by far the best performing and most reliable car I've had. I have no reason to buy anything else. Parts may be more expensive than average but because of the low failure rate, I have saved big time and enjoyed a fine car.

Very smooth and quiet ride. Great gas mileage - better than many econo cars. Stylish exterior. Roomy interior, large trunk, and folding rear seatbacks. Unbeatable reliability. A joy to drive and own a fine machine like this one. Insurance costs on the Camry is lower than most other cars.

Water pump and original struts replaced after 5 years and 105,000 miles. The A/C gave out after 12 years with no maintenance whatsoever! All power options maintenance free at year 13. I have had to touch up the paint acouple of times because of wear and tear. It's very difficult to improve on this.

156K Still Kickin'
By deboy

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Bought new in '93. Still rides as smooth as Day 1. Very reliable. Great A/C and Heat. Just starting to see some breakdowns: Both front power window motors replaced at 150K. Oil seal leaks. Coolant concerns. Radio lights went dark. Haven't had any MAJOR expenses yet. Keep up with transmission service!

Smooth ride, quick A/C and Heat, reliability, good acceleration even in 4 cyl, gas mileage, trunk size, steering

Poor design on power antenna. Freezes in winter. Replaced 3 times. Power mirrors don't "give" when run into stationary object (garage door). I know - this is driver error but the mirrors should bend.