Used 1993 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 96 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1993 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Did its job
By J. VanZanten

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

we bought the Car for a reliable, fuel efficient vehicle. It did its job. When our family got bigger we outgrew the car. Around town we would still keep it. However we need something bigger with a two kids. I see it as an old man car but Toyota makes a quality car. Ours is a little over 150,000 and still runs great.

Gas mileage 22-32 mpg, smooth ride, did not have to pump money into it on repairs, and comfortable

Old man car, and the cup holders are no good.

Perfect family car
By mirandasmom772

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for a year and a half now. Bought it from an elderly lady who only put 48,000 miles on it from 1993-2006. The car is like new and I have only put tires, brake pads, and changed the oil in it. This is probably the best car I will ever own. My husband and daughter fit quite nicely in there with me, and we even use it to go to home depot, by dropping down the back seats. This car starts every single day and has never left me stranded. We just sold a 1992 Camry to our nephew and it had 187,000 miles when we sold it. He's getting close to the 200,000 mark. Still runs & reliable as a new car. These cars are fantastic, I will always be a loyal Toyota owner.

Style, interior comfort, easy to use gauges and buttons, handles well on curves and corners, easy to parallel park. Our family has no need for a minivan or truck with this car. All controls plain but easily reached while driving.

Dash cracked, we installed a cover. Controls/ interior looks plain.

I wish they still made these
By AlaskaDave

1993 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Wagon

I bought this Camry in Anchorage, Alaska with 152,000 miles on it. It has been a fantastic vehicle. It now has traveled 185,000 miles and it still gets 19 city 26 hwy mpg, runs like a top, performs well, and is very comfortable for a large person (6' 2" 230 lb). And everything still works! The only thing I would change if I could is to have a Camry wagon like this with AWD. That would truly be a car for the long term.

Its comfort & performance are top notch, plus it gets great gas mileage for a 6 cyl automatic.

AWD

Reliable Runner
By Reliable Runner

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

This was my first non-American auto. It was the best experience of a car since my 1964 Chev Impala. Very dependable which rates very highly with me as a woman driver. Don't like the fact there are no flat surfaces to hold objects and no metal for a magnet to hold msgs or papers to keep in view for use. This car owes me nothing. It is a bit loud on the freeway and not a "smooth as silk" ride, but all in all it's been a keeper.

Handles very well, hugs the road in turns. Large trunk is terrific. Quick to respond.

Holders for more than one size cup as there in no flat surface. Strongly suggest using red on the dashboard and lighten up the glass. Can't see A/C light or parking lights. The whole button should light up, not a tiny green light which is invisible in daylight.

The most reliable car I've ever owned
By bdevilla

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

When I bought my Camry, it had 90,000 miles on it. The only thing I ever had to do to this car was routine maintenance that you would expect for a car of this age. When I sold it, it had 174,000 miles and still ran like a dream!! I highly recommend a Camry. I was even rear ended in this car and all it did was chip paint off of the bumper. The Olds that hit me had his hood smashed and the grille laying in the street. Amazing. I'm a Toyota owner for life.

The best thing about this car is the engine, because the dash is very plain. It also goes well in the snow for a sedan.

Keep this car out of the sun. My dash cracked and it gets that "old car" smell worse than most. My friend owns one and has the same issue.