Used 1993 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 96 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1993 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Great Car
By Martin

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I love my Camry! It is very reliable and fun to drive. Between 45 and 55 it shakes, but any other speed is fine. The motor and transmission are fine at 180000 miles. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Fun to drive. Reliable. Good in snow. Doesn't break a lot.

shakes between 45 and 55

A Darn Good Car
By JB

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

After owning several American-made cars, this was definitely the BEST all around car I've had. There have been issues over the years with the electrical and little things beginning to break off (broken door handle, etc), but I think this is attributable to its age. It still runs with the best of them, a nice smooth ride and solid construction. I am still driving it, current mileage 211K. If I'd have maintained it better (regular oil changes, tires, etc) like a good car owner, no telling how long this car may last.

Can't think of a single thing, it's more the complete package.

More quality internal electronic components.

What A CAR!
By ANDY87

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

When I got my first car at 16 I drove around in an SL-1 Saturn 1995. Then I decided after a couple of years to try out an older Toyota to try out the dependability on my own. I must say this thing has nothing stopping it. Bought it at 129,000, and now I have 160,000 on it. The only things I've had to replace on it in two years was a new distributor, an engine mount, and the timing belt.

The best thing about this car is its ride quality and fuel economy for its size. The true fuel economy for this model is 20 city, 27 hwy. Its a 2.2 liter engine, which is .2 shy of the new ones and about 40hp less than the new one.

One of my major suggestions is to keep the Camry sporty and minimal. No need for fancy gadgets. I like the way my old one looks better than the new ones.

Near 200k Miles Camry
By Asdy

1993 Toyota Camry DX 4dr Sedan

I love my Camry. It is very quick for an old/cheap car. I haven't received any major problems with it since other than replacing the radiator once and a few oil leaks. The interior is nice when comparing to other cars in it's years and price.

The ECT power button in the car is amazing.

Driver's seat is uncomfortable. Doors are not that strong. I was in an accident and it was smashed while the other car had no sign of wear or tear. However, the 94+ models have reinforced doors a mechanic told me.

It May Be the End
By Patrina

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I bought it used at 177,000 for the original owner. It had been well maintained. It only needs regular oil changed and tune ups, the power in this car is great, and I have to say that it's okay on gas. I've been rear- ended twice with no need to go to a body shop. Now at 277,000 the transmission is going and I think I have to buy a new car, but this car has taken me everywhere I fancied with absolutely no problem.

Cruise control, power windows, anti- lock brakes, and pretty spacious.

The passenger cup holder is useless when the car is in park. The low beams are really low, and I won't turn on the high beams unless necessary because they are way doing their job.