Used 1993 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 96 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1993 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

I love this vehicle
By AMAZING CAR

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Bought this car last year, with 130K on it. I love this car, I wish cars were still made this well and felt this stable. With Shell Vpower, I can get 34 MPG with 40% city 60% highway. Never needs anything but oil changes, and they are a snap to do yourself. It is not the most fun to drive, but with the manual trans it is better than most camrys.

5 speed trans. and the stereo is great for stock. The gas mileage is amazing with premium gas, but I get 25 with regular. It feels very sturdy and safe. It never has problems.

I do not think this car needs anything to make it better,

Not what it's cracked up to be
By mark

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I have spent a lot of money on this car in repairs. It never seems to end every time I fix something another thing breaks. Transmission went bad at 103.000 miles over $1,800 to fix. 2 cv axles went bad at 67.000 miles. Water pump needed replacement at 71.000 miles along with the timing belt, tensioner, radiator went at 91,504 miles, now car has developed a major oil leak at 113,000 miles and was told its leaking from the head gasket a cost of $900.00 from day one this car makes all kinds of noise when cold out something to do with bushings in the front and rear. It has a 4 cylinder motor which only gets 12 miles to a gallon. My next car will not be a Toyota. I'm thinking of a Nissan altima

none needs more refinement its outdated styling and drive train

better quality my Toyota was built in Kentucky not japan i thought i was buying a made in japan car. maybe i just got a lemon?

Surprisingly... Terrible Car
By Shane24

1993 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 1993 Toyota Camry back in April of 2005. I bought it with 125,000 miles. As soon as I bought it everything started to go wrong. I had to replace two head gaskets. Two Oxygen sensors. A wheel bearing. Two CV shafts. Of course all of this didn't go right away. But I only put 15,000 miles on it since I bought it, and that's a lot to go wrong. Plus for a V- 6 it didn't seem that peppy. Also I got horrible gas mileage. The one good thing is that it ran smooth. I've had enough of it. I'm going to trade it in. I have owned a lot of cars in the past, but nothing was ever this bad.

Cup Holders.

Poor gas mileage. Engine is noisy for a V-6.

A Real Beauty
By Ram

1993 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car only four months ago with 35800 original miles. The previous owner bought new and maintained it extremely well even changing the timing belt at 20000 miles. This is a real beauty. I love how well it handles and the way it looks. Kind of reminds me of the movie with Clint Eastwood "Gran Torino" in the sense that he admired his vehicle.Currently I have less than 40000 miles on it having decided to use only occasionally in town only. Man what a beauty!

Handling, performance, real smooth ride.

Not enough cup holders.

STINKS
By BILLIEBOB

1993 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

This was the absolute worst car I have ever owned!! The car leaks oil, door handles fell off, and the windows won't go up right, I'll stick with Ford they have never given me any problem!!

The C.D. player.