Used 1993 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 97 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1993 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

a short some where
By camryle1993

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I bought my care 10/24/2011 and I loved it, but it started acting up so I had to do some repairs and I have fixed the timing belt, the water pump, radiator, timing belt, tune up, oil change, fuel pump, and fuel filter....but for some reason when I drive in it with the gas on full, it will cut off when I am not holding the breaks and the gas to keep it on...I still love it but I just got it and I am frustrated about the short, and my 9 certificate mechanic has put it on the analizer and it will not tell him anything so far... I love this car and it rides great, but for some reason we cant figure out why my love want stay on...anyone have any suggestions..
I always wanted a camry got 1,but..

the car period

Excellent Basic Transportation
By bamabomber

1993 Toyota Camry DX 4dr Sedan

Bought at 125,000 miles, only had to replace tires, and distributor. Most reliable vehicle ever owned

best used car i ever had
By mroedan

1993 Toyota Camry SE V6 4dr Sedan

all i would like to say is that this 93 camry se it's the S**T!!!. i love this car and dont think about selling it any time soon. i go to college upstate Ny and drive an estimate of a 400miles every 2 months for the last 3 years and so far no problem. Only problem that the car ever had was the transmission. The 5th gear wasnt working but i fixed it with less than $1000USD and never again transmission problems. My its a 5speed so its really good with gas even for a v6. my dads 2004 camry le drags more gas than mine, i dont how but it does. maybe because my dads its automatic and mine is 5 speed so im able to change the gears for the right time. When it comes to speed and peformance 10/10

Best Car We've Ever Bought!
By great car

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

My parents bought this car after I was born, and I eventually started driving it. I couldn't ask for a better first car. It always starts, has pretty good pickup for a 2.2 L and I think it's more comfortable than my mom's new Honda. The car has nearly 140K on it and still runs like the day we bought it. The only complaints we have are: transmission going out after warranty expired, both CV joints going out around 100K, and a seemingly faulty exhaust system. Other than those couple things, the car runs beautifully and will hopefully continue to for many years to come!

Good pickup for a 2.2L, strong A/C and heat, always starts, great MPG compared to other 17 year old cars

The cup holders could use work, you can't use the passenger one with the car in park.

My first car
By anesidora916

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I love my Camry! This was my first car, I got it at 161k 2 years ago. We have put way more than the car is worth in repairs, but all are reasonable considering the car is 17 years old and now has 204k on it. The distributor went out in May. The oil leak has been repaired numerous time and still persists; once leaked on the rotor and caused car to die. With a V4 it's not very fast. I've kept up with all maintenance but I inherited the car with some electrical problems; reverse lights don't work. I think my transmissions about to go. Car barley passed smog this year because the timing is off, engine needs a tune up. Regardless of the problems its been an awesome first car!

Even with all of the above I LOVE my Camry. It gets pretty good gas mileage (sometimes as much as 28), it's very roomy and had lots of trunk space, comfortable seats on road trips.

There is a design flaw with the cup holders (which are too small i might add) and the proximity to the shifter when the car is in park.