Used 1993 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 100 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

the car that will not die!
By tim martin

1993 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

still runs even with a bad head gasket

They are long life cars
By Terry Hayes

1993 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Wagon

I had a 91 Camry LE V6 wagon for 10 years with aprox 190,000 miles. I put 150,000 more on it. Of course I had to replace some things, it was my only car, driven every day. I paid 1200.00 for it spent about 2000.00 over the years. That totals 3200.00 but divided up over time tells the story. I would still be driving it were it not for an accident that totaled it a few months ago. Also like to mention that I came through the accident unharmed. While shopping for another car I found a 1993 Camry LE V6 deluxe wagon with 125,000 miles, pretty much like a new car, It's my new car now!!!!

They just don't make them like this anymore
By A Ken

1993 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

There aren't many out there anymore, but I'm sure this was the best car I'll ever own. 24 years of reliable service!

I don't think this thing will ever die
By Nathan

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for $3600 July 2016 with 71k miles on it. I have the 4 cylinder automatic sedan. The 4 cylinder has plenty of power and I never feel wanting for the V6 which consumes more gas by a fair bit. The fuel mileage of this car in the city is rather poor (I get between 16-17 MPG and about 270-280 miles per tank in my regular driving which is all city driving) but the highway fuel mileage is much better. I've driven 320 miles on the current tank, about 150 of those miles being freeway miles this time around. The car is heavy for the time and rolls around a lot. The brakes are lacking and even driving with overdrive off still results in a bit of a tough time stopping. When I drive other cars I find I end up braking too early. This car is incredibly reliable with the only thing having gone wrong in the lifetime of the car being the driver's door window regulator which I've replaced 3 times in the last year. I'm 18 years old and male and paid about $120 per month for insurance before turning 18 where I now pay about $90 with State Farm. Very easy to service yourself and parts are incredibly cheap. The car is super comfy. I drove 150 miles round trip yesterday and the nice cool A/C and quiet ride made for an easy time with 4 people in the car.

i was a chevy man you cant beat the toyota camry
By E Allen caldwell

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I read some of the reviews to the ones that had problems its the people that you bought it from.didnt take care of it i paid 500 for mine first thing i did change the oil both cv joints an tires its the best car i ever had it has 300.000 on it now and still running strong.i do all the maintence on it myself its never left me stranded it gets 30 mpg air is ice cold you could not find a better car.i take it every where .it doesnt matter out of state .it just keeps on going thanks toyota