Used 1992 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews - 62 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

My quick lil Camry
By KBurnette09

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

This is a very well built car. I have the 3.0 liter v6 and it runs VERY strong. I took out the horrible fan design that runs off of the power steering and hooked up 2 electric fans with a relay on the ignition. Just got a new performance transmission put in it with a cold air intake and its a very quick car. I bought it for $300 and it had a wrecked hood and radiator and I replaced that for $350. And the new tranny was only $1100.

I love that mine came with the chrome 5 star wheels. The leather interior. The easily accessible engine. GREAT CAR.

They should have made a 3.8 liter version. Then I coulda slapped a supercharger intake on it.

Great car
By Bill

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan

Bought my 1992 Camry about 15 years ago and have been really satisfied with it. Few major mechanical issues over the years - most of them self induced (e.g., too hard on the transmission). Still runs great after all these years. Expect that it will run for another 50,000 miles. Consistently get 20 mpg.

The best car that I've ever owned!
By Minnesota

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

My 1992 Toyota Camry is the best car that I've ever owned. I have over 166,000 miles on it and it's still as reliable as when it was new. It's a 4 cylinder that gets great gas mileage plus it starts even on a cold Minnesota winter day.

Best car ever for me
By kennyg

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan

Bought my xle v6 with 60,000 in 1994. It now has 270,000 and in that time have changed brake pads 3 times, CV boots twice, wires and plugs once, two timing belts and struts and other that filters, tires and oil.... That is it ! If I could buy this car new today, I would. Best car I ever owned (I am 60 years old).

Dependable, looks, dependable, dependable.

Love it!!
By amsgram

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

I knew the original owner, so I knew how well the car had been taken care of. I love it. The only problem I have had is an oil smell in the engine compartment. It doesn't use oil that I know of, I have it changed every 3,000 to 5,000 miles. Runs great. I'm hoping to get 400,000. I'm so spoiled I'm afraid to have to get a new car, besides they're all ugly.

The headlights that come on when the engine starts and go off when the door is opened. Should be standard on every car made.

AC vents in back seat area.