Used 1992 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 65 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1992 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

19 years old and going strong!
By kinkerdoo

1992 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I am the original owner and while I hardly put any mileage on it these days (retired) at 88,000 miles, I would put it up against any new luxury car. One key--put decent tires on it and the ride is "better than my Mercedes" (a friend lamenting his non-Camry purchase). I was recently in a fender bender and am driving a 2009 Camry--NO COMPARISON!

Fold down rear seats to make a HUGE trunk even bigger!

My quick lil Camry
By KBurnette09

1992 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

This is a very well built car. I have the 3.0 liter v6 and it runs VERY strong. I took out the horrible fan design that runs off of the power steering and hooked up 2 electric fans with a relay on the ignition. Just got a new performance transmission put in it with a cold air intake and its a very quick car. I bought it for $300 and it had a wrecked hood and radiator and I replaced that for $350. And the new tranny was only $1100.

I love that mine came with the chrome 5 star wheels. The leather interior. The easily accessible engine. GREAT CAR.

They should have made a 3.8 liter version. Then I coulda slapped a supercharger intake on it.

Great car
By Bill

1992 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan

Bought my 1992 Camry about 15 years ago and have been really satisfied with it. Few major mechanical issues over the years - most of them self induced (e.g., too hard on the transmission). Still runs great after all these years. Expect that it will run for another 50,000 miles. Consistently get 20 mpg.

The best car that I've ever owned!
By Minnesota

1992 Toyota Camry DX 4dr Sedan

My 1992 Toyota Camry is the best car that I've ever owned. I have over 166,000 miles on it and it's still as reliable as when it was new. It's a 4 cylinder that gets great gas mileage plus it starts even on a cold Minnesota winter day.

Best car ever for me
By kennyg

1992 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan

Bought my xle v6 with 60,000 in 1994. It now has 270,000 and in that time have changed brake pads 3 times, CV boots twice, wires and plugs once, two timing belts and struts and other that filters, tires and oil.... That is it ! If I could buy this car new today, I would. Best car I ever owned (I am 60 years old).

Dependable, looks, dependable, dependable.