Used 1990 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1990 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

The Perfect Car
By A.J. Sub

1990 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

This is as good as it gets. If you can find one that doesn't have rust on it, count on it running at least another 10 years. This was the old family car that was passed on to me, it has a solid 420,000km on it. Its now the car me and my friends use while on campus. While my dad had it, the torque converter went, that was the only major issue with it. It had its wheel bearings replaced thereafter. Aside from that, this is the perfect car for a dirty cheap price. If you treat this car to good maintenance, it'll stand by you forever! I've pushed this up to 160km/h last month without much effort. GREAT CAR. One of the finest vehicles ever made.

The fact that it still runs! I don't think any other car can claim this level of reliability. This car is also fully servicable yourself. I do all my own maintenance work and no fancy dealership visits are required like newer cars. I JUST LOVE THIS CAR SO MUCH!

As everyone knows, this car tends to rust up unless rustproofing was done from day one. Considering Toyota was just breaking through with this car in North America, you can't blame them. If your body is good, this car will last FOREVER. YOU CAN'T STOP IT!

Fine car, no reservations at all!
By bobkni

1990 Toyota Camry Deluxe 4dr Sedan

Always a solid, reliable car to own. I bought it new and still have it in 2005... 15 years and not a single problem.

1990 Toyota Camry LE 6 cylinder 4 door s
By Hankus

1990 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

purchased 5/1990 , new 3000 mi Demo. Regular service 3000 mi. and maintained. Drives nicely. Cruise control, drivers window, 2 lowest levels of heater, AC fan not operating. Some rust, especially right rear fender, some on left rear fender. Touches of rust on front fenders. White with golden tan upholstery. Used daily for local driving and has been dependable.

Excellent all around vision, reason for keeping so long . Tires still good.

Repair accessories listed above.

Good Car
By Doug

1990 Toyota Camry Deluxe 4dr Sedan

A pretty good car overall. It good have used a little stronger engine and better brakes. Interior was ok and could have used little more room especially for taller drivers. Reliability was good.

LE V6 Wagon, best used car I ever bought
By Chris

1990 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Wagon

I bought this car from the original owner who took great care of it about 6 weeks ago. I have to say this is the best used car I have ever bought. I can't believe this car is 16 years old. I have owned newer cars that were not as "modern" as this feels. Solid as the day it was built. With only 130,000 miles it's still got a LOT of life left in it. It runs like new, looks great. Everything about the feel of this car is great.

Everything.

Gas mileage could be better.