Used 1990 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1990 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Great car and great find
By lukaskliz

1990 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan AWD

I stumbled upon this great find last week, and I had to buy this car after all the reviews I read about it. It has only 55,683 original miles and looks like its only 1 year old. Belong to an elderly couple that never drove it. Paid $2,905 and I'm sure I will have to have some maintenance done, but I hope that it last over 200,000 like the ones I have been reading about. It drives excellent right now, and passed the tough California emissions test without a problem.

Smooth ride, handling, design, and most of all build quality. These kinds of cars only come around once in a while.

None right now. I hope more cars are built like this.

Fabulous Reliability
By Richard8655

1990 Toyota Camry Deluxe 4dr Wagon

Bought my 1990 Camry DX station Wagon brand new in 1990. Here it is now just starting 2010, and the Camry is going stronger than ever. A couple gripes. Rust around the wheel wells. Also rust-through at the lower front panels just before the front doors due to wet leaves getting in there, which over the years I never noticed until too late. In addition, there's some bluish smoke from the exhaust when starting up in the morning. I'm told this is because the engine seals dry up over time and oil leaks slightly into the cylinders. But absolutely no loss of oil and never have to top up, so not a big deal.

Extremely reliable.

Great car for its age 169,000 plus miles
By Papun

1990 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan

With the biggest been the plastics. They tend to be brittle and brake easy, and the fact that you have to buy a couple of specialized books to help you get data and work on the car, and "the sometimes" costly parts. Mileage is great even with the A/C ON all the time. Similar in look with some other models from the same year. Performance is great if you look for a family oriented car. But for real "performance" it is to low for my taste. Needs more power. Mine is 4 cylinders EFI like any other four engine. Maintenance is very easy! Always remember to use 50/50 mixture in coolant system or the head my suffer, and at about $550+ is expensive. Head gasket set is on the $70+. Is a good car.

The A/C is great. Adjustment on the seats is different. Space is average and comfortable. Easy reach for all components inside the car radio, ac, tray, center console, etc. Wheels size is good at 14 inches. Its a 1990 car with high mileage and still going! What can I say!

Disc brakes in all four wheels. Driving/fog lights for night driving. Sport steering wheel. Steel non slip pedals.

Best Car EVER!
By Bill

1990 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Camry with 55000 miles on it. I to this date have only put about 25000 miles on it after 5 and a half years. I look at it every day and hope that it gets me through the day, not because of its engine but because of the rust! This hands down is the best engineered automobile ever built!! I just love all its options and its comfort. It only has one fan speed now, and that high (thank god!), but other than that with routine oil changes etc, its a wonderful car. I am going to shed a tear when I have to turn it in to the junk yard. I will drive it to its death!

Sun roof, Electric drivers seat. Sport/Normal transmission mode. Auto off headlamps. Design.

None! Only wish they would make them look like this again.

Build to last
By mike

1990 Toyota Camry Deluxe 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for fun I thought of it as a piece of junk but it is a great car. I have two other cars and they are so complicated to work - this is like a piece of cake

the engine and trans