Used 1990 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews - 62 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1990 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Great car and great find
By lukaskliz

1990 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan AWD

I stumbled upon this great find last week, and I had to buy this car after all the reviews I read about it. It has only 55,683 original miles and looks like its only 1 year old. Belong to an elderly couple that never drove it. Paid $2,905 and I'm sure I will have to have some maintenance done, but I hope that it last over 200,000 like the ones I have been reading about. It drives excellent right now, and passed the tough California emissions test without a problem.

Smooth ride, handling, design, and most of all build quality. These kinds of cars only come around once in a while.

None right now. I hope more cars are built like this.

Great car for its age 169,000 plus miles
By Papun

1990 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan

With the biggest been the plastics. They tend to be brittle and brake easy, and the fact that you have to buy a couple of specialized books to help you get data and work on the car, and "the sometimes" costly parts. Mileage is great even with the A/C ON all the time. Similar in look with some other models from the same year. Performance is great if you look for a family oriented car. But for real "performance" it is to low for my taste. Needs more power. Mine is 4 cylinders EFI like any other four engine. Maintenance is very easy! Always remember to use 50/50 mixture in coolant system or the head my suffer, and at about $550+ is expensive. Head gasket set is on the $70+. Is a good car.

The A/C is great. Adjustment on the seats is different. Space is average and comfortable. Easy reach for all components inside the car radio, ac, tray, center console, etc. Wheels size is good at 14 inches. Its a 1990 car with high mileage and still going! What can I say!

Disc brakes in all four wheels. Driving/fog lights for night driving. Sport steering wheel. Steel non slip pedals.

Best Car EVER!
By Bill

1990 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Camry with 55000 miles on it. I to this date have only put about 25000 miles on it after 5 and a half years. I look at it every day and hope that it gets me through the day, not because of its engine but because of the rust! This hands down is the best engineered automobile ever built!! I just love all its options and its comfort. It only has one fan speed now, and that high (thank god!), but other than that with routine oil changes etc, its a wonderful car. I am going to shed a tear when I have to turn it in to the junk yard. I will drive it to its death!

Sun roof, Electric drivers seat. Sport/Normal transmission mode. Auto off headlamps. Design.

None! Only wish they would make them look like this again.

Build to last
By mike

1990 Toyota Camry Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for fun I thought of it as a piece of junk but it is a great car. I have two other cars and they are so complicated to work - this is like a piece of cake

the engine and trans

better paint quality

The little car that couldn't
By Kyle

1990 Toyota Camry Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle after my little Geo quit around Thanksgiving of 2007. By March of 2008 the reverse went out in the tranny. The tranny of the V6 version of this car is unable to sustain the heavy shifting required. I paid 2500 for the car and the new tranny was about to cost the same amount since it's almost impossible to find. Also paint oxidizing and poor handling in any kind of snow is common for this version. I got stuck in 4 inches of snow! How does that happen! I since purchased a 99 escort and have been very pleased with the results. when it comes to the older camrys just get the model with the inline 4 and you'll be fine.

Acceleration, dry ground handling, size, and options.

Better tranny please!