Used 2008 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

The car of my dreams
By Patty B.

2008 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great car but then I knew it would be. It is a lot of fun to drive and living in southern AZ means the top can be down more often than not. The car is in great shape for its age with hardly any door dings and interior 'roughage'. It gets good mileage especially out west where the roads are straight and there are little hills! The nav system is easy to program and I also like the convenience of a 4 cd changer. The top is a little worn but still has several years left in it and to have lasted 9 years is great as far as I am concerned. I have had no issues with the car so far and we did take it on a long road trip to CO. I find the car to be very comfortable for me but my 6' husband isn't quite as comfortable. The only negative is the smaller rear window as there is a big blind spot when the top is up. It is the design of the top and the rear window is as big as it can be so I will just be really careful when backing up. I plan to have this car for a long, long time!

2008 Solara SLE Convertible, <27,000 miles PERFECT
By Bruce Koch

2008 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My wife loved her 2001 Toyota Solara SLE Convertible, we brought it at 60 K drove to 165K. We maintained and it is still perfect and as a toyota still has 100K+ to go, but my wife wanted the newest (2008 Last Yr made) with more enhanced technologies. We found one with <27K miles (amazing!), and had to ship +2,000 miles but worth every penny. BTW, coincidentally , I purchased it on Valentine Day for her (made a few extra points...) and it arrived a week later.

Loved it while i had it, but sold it!
By PAUL MAGUIRE

2008 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

It has been extremely reliable. In the last 6 years, I've spent an average of $37/month, which includes regular maintenance, batteries (latest of which has 4 years left on the warranty) AND 4 NEW TIRES (recently bought at Sam's Club (so they will fix or replace if necessary). The sale of this car also included the original (never used) tonneau cover that came with it.

Not safe, not reliable, not a Toyota, but comforta
By Eden k

2008 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Bad- Undriveable on any sort of wet/noist road. You can't turn it because the wheels lock up and don't try braking hard when it's wet/moist. Visibility is pretty poor, and the mileage could be better. Very girly, I (young male) can't get out of it with any dignity. The exterior styling is like looking at a torn in half $100 bill... Leaves you with a terrible feeling! Good- It has a sublime ride, and the sound system is amazing. Almost every aspect of the interior is nice, especially the trunk space. With all this said, DONT BUY IT. The top dog German cars aren't unreliable. You'll be in the shop more with the solara, yet have all the drawbacks I said. It's just an unsafe, ugly, yet comfortable car. Don't get it

I ❤ this car!!
By Sandy

2008 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd Solara convertible. I traded my first one for a bigger car and shortly after, regretted that decision. I got another one and ended up totalling it 😣. This is my 3rd one because I just love ❤ this car. I plan to drive it til it just can't go any more! My only regret now is that they no longer make this car. I sure wish they did!!