Used 2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible Consumer Reviews - 132 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

My 2006 Solara
By J.J. Hemingway

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Great car. After driving a Mazda Miata for a number of years I graduated to a car with a trunk & back seat. Steering and handling not as tight at the Miata. But overall a great car. Great pick-up, and people swear it is a Lexus - almost but half the price of the Lexus convertible. Always gets lots of nice looks and comments. I love cars that have that effect on people!!

The layout of the instrument cluster, radio is so easy to operate. And it's a very comfortable car to drive and ride in!

Offer a manual transmission. Bigger back window - there are blind spots with the top up. And illumination for the power top and all windows up and down switches. It's a pain to have to stop the car, turn the interior light on, just to be sure I'm hitting the button!!

Convertible Bert
By kgulley

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have grown to truly value this automobile in a really big way. Realistically, the only thing that I can say bad, is that the handling is typical of other Toyotas I've driven, and I feel as though there is a certain amount of wind sheer and turbulence (if that is appropriate terminology) that I experience. Yet given the soft top, its understandable. Overall a great car, with no timing belt, unlike found in some other cars.

I really enjoy the JBL - sound system that includes a cassette tape player, which isn't often found in some new cars that have only a CD player/changer

Locked compartments are necessary in order to be able to keep the top down when on quick in/outs to the grocery store.

Beautiful Car
By Cari

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Convertible Solara. Every where I go I get people turning their heads. The car it self is smooth and comfortable I wouldn't trade it for anything else, it's perfect for me.

I love the six cd changers The Digital formats it displays to let me know how many miles I have left before I'm on empty. =)

The only thing I could think of is that instead of 2 doors they should make it 4 doors It would make it easier for people to get in and out. But then again I could see why they haven't done that.

While the Sun Shines
By Stone

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle has the typically great Toyota quality. The mileage is impressive, 26 MPG around town and 32 MPG on the Thruway. The "Absolutely Red" color is terrific.

Comfort, styling, economy, reliability.

The view to the rear is severely limited by the rear seat headrests which seem to serve as roll-over protection. Making them loop-type/see through would help. The paint chips somewhat easily. Better quality tires are needed.

Most fun with the top down!
By Utterchaos

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love my car! It's the best. I have so much fun driving it around. The trunk is huge! My two teen boys fit in the backseat fine. I can't wait for good weather, just so I can ride with the top down. Have only had one problem and that was a bad thermometer. It has HUGE blindspots with the top up, so I have spot mirrors. The car is so much fun, that it outweighs the blindspot.

The easy open top. It's so fast. One button and you are done. Love the power driver seat.

Channels on the sides of the tops. When it rains, and you open the doors the water pours onto the seats and soaks you. Need to do something about that. Good thing it never rains in Southern CA.