Used 2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible Consumer Reviews - 132 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

2006 Convert.
By Barry

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd convertible in 8 years and without a doubt the best. I went from a Chrysler Sebring to a SAAB 9-7. More room inside, better looking on the outside. Very quiet with top up, you forget that you are driving a convertible.

Quiet ride with the top up. More room for adults. Display are easy to read and the compass works great.

Would have like to have an automatic hard boot to hide the top when down. Need separate switch for back windows. Arm rests for front cockpit. Better vision with rear view mirror.

Pick something else
By jill

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car is decent but with all of the blind spots it's not reliable for someone who is short like me. Plus the seats go out too far. I have only had the car a year and I'm already looking at trading it in. It's not for me. I hope some else has better luck.

Color, the looks of the vehicle and sport shift.

Seat need to be shorter on the bottom of the leg area. Too long.

A Most Excellent Car
By David

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is not only the first convertible I've ever owned but it's my first actual new car. After exhaustive research prior to buying I have to say that I am completely thrilled with the Solara. Fun to drive, hip and showy to look at and I know I can count on the Toyota quality. People mistake it for a Lexus constantly at first glance. When I drive it I can actually feel myself relaxing and unwinding on the way home from work. I couldn't have made a better choice! Black-on-black 2006 Solara Convertible SLE.

Styling, ride, quality.

Could always use better MPG.

Great Choice
By Patricia

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased this car in May of 2006, trading in my 4 year old, gas guzzling SUV. Wasn't sure how I would adjust to a smaller vehicle but I LOVE IT! This car goes to the beach almost every weekend and receives stares every time. Parking is much easier than in my previous auto and the car drives great. I recommend it to everyone!

Ease of convertible roof and sporty styling. Having two children, back seat was needed. Leg room is comparible to any midsize sedan.

Back up camera should be standard feature as it is difficult to see in reverse when roof is up.

Wow!
By Greg

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My first convertible, and I love it. Errands used to be a pain, now, I volunteer!!! Smooth, comfortable, stylish. I have never recieved so many compliments from people about having a great car! Makes driving fun.

All of them!. Just a great car from top to bottom. Even has some trunk space.

Backup avoidance system, or better visibility.