Used 2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe Consumer Reviews - 66 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Near perfect, needs a few more items
By Dave Rodham

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Easy driver. Lots of people comforts. I feel safe with airbags everywhere. Stereo should have 100 more watts or my hearing is shot. Wife says her seat has no power controls. My next car will have pass seat controls for wife. Few minor offensive features. Quality is unmatched. Long trips are a breeze. Trunk is sizable but needs dividers. All around good car and our dogs like it as well.

Like the (Pearl) Artic Frost White paint. Good power for a V6. Good gas mileage 30.9 average after 6500 miles. Auto dim mirrors in and out are great. So are HID lights. Night driving is superb. Seats are very comfy. Climate control is excellent once you figure out the overrides.

Needs memory seats (both power) I like the baby blue dash lights, but they clash with the green gage lights. I had 4 Runner with one touch start and miss it on Solara. No ashtray? Need more little storage spaces. Stereo needs a power booster button and XM capabilities.

Awesome!!!
By Solara6

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have has this car for 2 months and have 2000 miles on it and I have to say it is an excellent car!! I paid 20k for it with a power drivers seat, spoiler, and 17-inch rims (from the 06 Avolon XLS)!! The ride is smooth and quite, the interior is sporty with the "silver" trim, and the dash at night is amazing. I get definite power with the 4 cylinder, and if i want more I can drop into a lower gear for more with the electronic shift. You can keep it in manual mode all the time to get optimal power. The looks of the car are amazing, everyone has commented on the style of the car, it is HOT!!!! I wish there were more after market accessories for it though. A great buy for the price!

All of the interior and exterior. The controls on the steering wheel. 35 MPG!!!!

The sound system could be improved, speakers are pretty weak with heavy bass. Dual exhaust should be an option.

Great car, great price, best fuel economy
By Joe

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car to commute in and it has been a dream. I moved from a Lexus to the Solara so that I could have a cheap commuter vehicle. No compomises in build quality and getting 10 more mpg. I also like the fact that my Sirius radio fits in the space inside the dash. Rear of the car looks like a SC 430. Sweeet.

I love the way this car looks and handles. Toyota quality all the way. No noises or rattles. Seats are comfortable and even has lumbar support. I piked the SE, 4cyl auto with aloys and a sunroof for under 20K. Can not beat that deal. Would buy again.

Nothing. The car looks and runs perfectly.

V6 Sport Owner in LA
By V6 Spt. in LA

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent acceleration off the line... Sequential transmission is extremely responsive. This car is very similar to its cousin (IS 300) by Lexus.

225 HP V-6, sequential shift, and radio controls on steering wheel.

300 HP V-6 would be nice with a six speed auto trans!

toy car
By Jan

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have several smaller quality issues with this car. Door not sealing correctly/wind noise/radio-control knobs sticking/carpeting not secured in place/truck not staying closed/consol compartment not staying closed/etc. With the reputation of Toyota, I am disappointed.

Car handles very nicely, very good gas mileage and is fun to drive. The interior fits and is very comfortable.

It would seem most of my problems with the car should have not gotten out of the build facility and certainly not out of the dealership.