Used 2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe Consumer Reviews - 65 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Awesome!!!
By Solara6

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have has this car for 2 months and have 2000 miles on it and I have to say it is an excellent car!! I paid 20k for it with a power drivers seat, spoiler, and 17-inch rims (from the 06 Avolon XLS)!! The ride is smooth and quite, the interior is sporty with the "silver" trim, and the dash at night is amazing. I get definite power with the 4 cylinder, and if i want more I can drop into a lower gear for more with the electronic shift. You can keep it in manual mode all the time to get optimal power. The looks of the car are amazing, everyone has commented on the style of the car, it is HOT!!!! I wish there were more after market accessories for it though. A great buy for the price!

All of the interior and exterior. The controls on the steering wheel. 35 MPG!!!!

The sound system could be improved, speakers are pretty weak with heavy bass. Dual exhaust should be an option.

Great car, great price, best fuel economy
By Joe

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car to commute in and it has been a dream. I moved from a Lexus to the Solara so that I could have a cheap commuter vehicle. No compomises in build quality and getting 10 more mpg. I also like the fact that my Sirius radio fits in the space inside the dash. Rear of the car looks like a SC 430. Sweeet.

I love the way this car looks and handles. Toyota quality all the way. No noises or rattles. Seats are comfortable and even has lumbar support. I piked the SE, 4cyl auto with aloys and a sunroof for under 20K. Can not beat that deal. Would buy again.

Nothing. The car looks and runs perfectly.

V6 Sport Owner in LA
By V6 Spt. in LA

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent acceleration off the line... Sequential transmission is extremely responsive. This car is very similar to its cousin (IS 300) by Lexus.

225 HP V-6, sequential shift, and radio controls on steering wheel.

300 HP V-6 would be nice with a six speed auto trans!

toy car
By Jan

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have several smaller quality issues with this car. Door not sealing correctly/wind noise/radio-control knobs sticking/carpeting not secured in place/truck not staying closed/consol compartment not staying closed/etc. With the reputation of Toyota, I am disappointed.

Car handles very nicely, very good gas mileage and is fun to drive. The interior fits and is very comfortable.

It would seem most of my problems with the car should have not gotten out of the build facility and certainly not out of the dealership.

Awesome Car!! A+ Vehicle!
By Ashy

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The Solara has simply exceeded my expectations. It's sporty yet luxurious at the same time with tons of backseat room for my passengers! I get compliments on this vehicle every single day. It's no wonder that Toyota is the #1 selling vehicle in America. Performance and ride quality can't be beat! A highly recommended vehicle.

The audio control panel design is ahead of it's time. You jump inside and the interior pleases your senses.

Honestly there is none in my opinion. Loving my car!!