Used 2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible Consumer Reviews - 132 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

A Lot of Car for the money
By pbcole

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Talk about Quite & Smooth-this car drives like it cost twice as much.hard to beat this one.

make it in a v8

Love this car
By sue

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car - the only downside is the bumpy ride...not very smooth.....we have an Avalon also - and that ride is much nicer....But I love the convertible...so I take the "bumps"

The convertible is my favorite feature!!

Better ride suspension would be nice

Traded in the new model Acura TL
By McGraw

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love the Toyota Solara convertible. I traded in my 2004 (new model) Acura TL for this car. Too many TL's on the road and was always hitting bottom and used premium gas. The Solara looks great, rides great and uses regular gas and also gets compliments. The trunk fits 3 golf bags and 2 suitcases. The Solara also has a pocket in the armrest of the door where my Blackberry fits perfectly unlike the TL. Love this Solara and would strongly recommend it.

Cirius radio, regular gas, smooth ride, great acceleration and people stare!

better visibility out the back when the top is up...but is it a convertible.

I love my car
By Happy driver

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I always needed a car that I was able to have my very tall kids fit in to. Up until a couple of years ago. They are now grown and on their way. Although they are still able to sit in back if they need to. This is my dream car. It has been so much fun driving it, both in the winter and the summer. Living in Wisconsin, even those 60 degree days, we take advantage of the convertible (with the seat heated on of course)! I actually have 3 other freinds that also have purchased the same car, different colors and we all absolutely love it. The performance is great and I feel safe no matter where I am driving.

The convertible! It was exactly what I was looking for. The seats are very comfortable as is the entire car overall.

I have a hard time seeing the radio/clock information with sunglasses on for some reason.

Mid-Life Crisis Car
By Tina RN

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This was my mid-life crisis purchase - have always wanted a convertible, so I went for it. The "shake" in the car when you hit the slightest bump worried me at first but then I realized it was normal for a convertible. Everyone stares when we drive by with the top down. My best friend and I always just say "they want to be us!" Everyone in my family hates the car because I always want the top down, but that was the point!! I have 1400 miles on it, leased it (first time - scared to death about that) but am thinking about trading on an Avalon Limited. I know I will miss my relaxing evening drives...I researched every convertible. This one was the best I found - go for it!

Mine is red and it is simply a head- turner. Ease of putting top down. Steering wheel controls. Good storage. Comfortable seating for four adults. Good stereo. Fun to drive.

Front windshield keeps film on it during evening drives. Poor back visibility. Fold down rear headrests needed. Water gets all over seats after rain or car wash when you open door - need a lip or something there. Back up camera and Wind screen should bestandard! Illuminated "top down" & "all" button