Used 2006 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews - 197 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Five Years of Driving Pleasure
By TN Engineer

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the first 2004 Solara to arrive in this area, and enjoyed it greatly until it perished in a collision. We sought an exact duplicate as fast as we could. The replacement 2006 model has served us well for over 36,000 miles with no repairs at all. We have received many compliments on its appearance (red with black interior), and it is quiet and smooth at highway speeds. The trunk is large and the front seats are very comfortable. The only small complaint I have is the transmissions reluctance to downshift quickly after my wife has been driving the car slowly around town. This can be re-set by gassing the car from a stop several times, and it will "learn" to downshift quicker.

The top-down cruising is great. Reliable and practical in every day use.

Rear visibility needs improvement, and a rear view camera should be an option. A "sport" mode for the transmission to allow quicker downshifts would cure the hesitation from a dead stop.

Fun, Hot Car
By Shirley Sawyer

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have thoroughly enjoyed my Solara Convertible. Whenever I drive it with the top down, without fail, I get a positive comment from someone in a parking lot or at a stop light. I love the great take off power and the bonus of good gas mileage. Coming from the era of fabulous "muscle cars" consider it high praise for my "Hot" Solara. Anyone who wants a fun, reliable car the Toyota Solara convertible is a great choice!

I absolutely love my color combination - red exterior and camel leather interior and top.

There's got to be a better design option for the back seat head rests. They block the view in the rear view mirror.

Reliability Good Looks & Fun in the Sun
By Christine

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I really love this car. No trouble whatsoever. I have had it for a year and 8 months. Just oil changes & tire rotations! Previously had a Saab and it was always in the shop. I really think the visibility is better than the Saab, windows are bigger. You really get used to using the side mirrors. Really haven't had any problem. Only thing that I found troublesome was not having any rubber strip on the sides of the car which makes it very easily dinged. I am six foot and the car has enough leg room for me and is very comfortable. Has the luxury of a Lexus without the price. Today is Halloween and I had the top down! What fun! I always get lots of glances at this car!

Heated seats, lots of leg room and of course riding with the top down.

Put some strips of rubber or something on the sides. Got 2 dings already, one from a shopping cart.

Awesome Car
By Toots

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car rides beautiful. The comfort is super. It's very quiet, can't hear it running. The stereo system rocks. What a fun car to drive and when I have the top down and the boot in, it's spectacular! I love the car and would highly recommend it.

Heated seats, great stereo and dashboard.

None.

My 2006 Solara Convertible
By Sam Bonasoro

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I am very happy with the car overall. There are two areas that I would like to see improved. First of all, I would have liked the car to have more power. I think a car with more horsepower as an option with dual exhaust would reach more of your client base. The other issue is lack of sight out of the real window. In addition to the small window size the permanent headrests block too much of the vision through the rear window. I had even gone to the dealership to see if they could be removed and they said they were permanent. I am totally unhappy with the poor vision and if I had thought about it, I wouldn't have purchased the car. Fit, finish, handling and design is great.

Navigation, serious radio, leather seats very nice.

Remove or change style of rear headrests as well as increase the size of the rear window in the convertible. Offer a larger motor as an option and add dual exhaust. Also change the location of the trunk release.