Used 2006 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews - 197 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Camry Solara

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Great Convertible for Friends & Family
By Dr Peter Baldwin

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The Solara is a fantastic convertible that comfortably seats 4 passengers. I routinely take my colleagues out on golfing trips. There's plenty of room for everyone and their clubs. I'm always getting compliments. Sure I could afford a BMW or a Lexus, but it seems foolish in this economy to overspend on a car. This car has everything I need and more. I love the built-in satellite radio. Sure, the blind spots are bigger than on a standard car, but that's a trade-off of having a convertible. It's not a mini-van. I would recommend this car to anyone who is looking for a reliable, performance driven, roomy convertible. It's like a Lexus without the price tag.

Size, Styling, Gas Mileage, Luxurious, Comfortable on long trips, Fast

None

Disappointed Owner :(
By Sad Owner :(

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I’m very disappointed on how the car's finish has held up. My sun visors on both sides have been replaced 3 time because of a wear hole in the same place, dashboard marks up and can’t remove marks, top has a hole in it from where it folds over when the top is down, window rubber stoppers keep falling off after 3 repairs, door panel is coming undone and about 5 more things that are poor quality. I’ve been to the dealership MANY times and was told by Toyota area tech that Toyota “doesn’t care” and that’s what happens to convertibles when exposed to the sun. POOR ENGINEERING!!! I thought I was buying a Toyota and a company that stands behind without a fight, but I was wrong. This was my 5th new Toyota.

Convertible

Toyota needs to listen to long time (any) customers, because no one makes a PERFECT car and problem solving will lead to higher customer satisfaction. I never asked Toyota to eat the problems, just look at them and improve and learn from them!

Great with the top down only
By murphydurphy

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the car during the summer months. Should have driven the car with the top up. Impossible to see on the sides. I hate driving at night due to the terrible blind spots. We have owned other convertibles never had blind spots as bad as this Camry. With the top down it's great. But we live in the Midwest so the top is not down a whole lot. I hope Toyota works on the blind spot problems. If anyone test drives this car they need to drive with the top up as well as down. Be careful. I have almost cut off many people due to the blind spots. Added the little round mirrors on the side mirrors to help with this problem. Most likely would not buy another Camry convert.

seats are comfortable, ride is nice on long trips

rear view, and side view

Great car but MAJOR blind spots
By Votch1

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I leased this car in May 2005 (2006 model) and was impressed with the ride, acceleration, and quietness. I guess I should have driven a little more with the top up for the test drive. Top- down driving is pure pleasure! Top-up is challenging due to the large rear headrests (cannot remove) and the large c-pillars. One quickly learns to drive using only the side mirrors. I have had MANY close-calls cutting people off because I could not see them beside me or slightly behind. Backing up will require putting your head out the driver's window to look back. Mechanical & build quality are PERFECT!

Engine power. Quiet with top up. Comfortable seats. Toyota reliability!

Rear window visibility!!!!!!

Sweet Car
By Gene

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I drive long distances and this car gets fantastic gas mileage, is comfortable, quiet, and fun to drive. I have the 2.4L and was surprised with the power. It gets 30-32mpg on the highway consistently. We love the ride quality and comfort. It gets lots of compliments wherever we go.

Ride quality, quiet, power, styling, rock solid reliability.

None.