Used 2006 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews - 197 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Camry Solara

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

V6 Sport Owner in LA
By V6 Spt. in LA

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent acceleration off the line... Sequential transmission is extremely responsive. This car is very similar to its cousin (IS 300) by Lexus.

225 HP V-6, sequential shift, and radio controls on steering wheel.

300 HP V-6 would be nice with a six speed auto trans!

toy car
By Jan

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have several smaller quality issues with this car. Door not sealing correctly/wind noise/radio-control knobs sticking/carpeting not secured in place/truck not staying closed/consol compartment not staying closed/etc. With the reputation of Toyota, I am disappointed.

Car handles very nicely, very good gas mileage and is fun to drive. The interior fits and is very comfortable.

It would seem most of my problems with the car should have not gotten out of the build facility and certainly not out of the dealership.

Awesome Car!! A+ Vehicle!
By Ashy

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The Solara has simply exceeded my expectations. It's sporty yet luxurious at the same time with tons of backseat room for my passengers! I get compliments on this vehicle every single day. It's no wonder that Toyota is the #1 selling vehicle in America. Performance and ride quality can't be beat! A highly recommended vehicle.

The audio control panel design is ahead of it's time. You jump inside and the interior pleases your senses.

Honestly there is none in my opinion. Loving my car!!

Awesome must have.
By michelle

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is a nice luxury car. I took some friends out this weekend. My girl friend and I sat up front and had the men sit in the back. My girl friends husband is 6'4 he's a former San Antonio Spurs basketball player he was so impressed with all the room in the back of my car. Sitting next to my husband they had nothing to complain about. For the 1st time the the laugh was on them. This is car makes it own statement. "Awesome"

I enjoy all the up to date features. My car has it all. The heated seats are so awesome in the winter with the top down {wow.} 6 disk CD changer thats so cool. I no longer have to stop look around find a new CD. It holds all my music.

No lie. I would'nt change a thing about my car. Maybe next time when I go in to the dealeship to get a newer modle, I would ask to have more color to choose from in stock.

6 mos. Review
By randy

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

After driving my new convertible for 6 months I am thrilled to report complete satisfaction with all aspects of the car. Low wind buffeting, dry interior during car washes and heavy rains, great stereo system. The mileage has leveled off to 27 MGP around town and the seats are so comfortable I can drive all day and all night only to stop for a fill up every 500 miles or so. I wish the exterior styling was sexier, and I'm quite happy that the car is not a hotrod as the professional reviewers have all lamented. Bottom Line: After only 6 months and 12,000 miles I'm looking forward to the new spring/summer/fall driving season where I expect I'll put on another 18,000 miles, or more.

JBL Stereo, Leather Seats, Dashboard and Stereo Controls, Large Trunk for golf clubs, Lots of leg room - even with 4 in the car.

Sexier exterior body styling, Additional color selections, better rear visibility with the top up.