Used 2006 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews - 197 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Camry Solara

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Top Down Fun
By topgear1

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Simply, this is the nicest four passenger convertible available that is reasonably priced. It is wonderful to drive and to be seen in. It handles very well & takes road bumps with ease. I do love the DVD Navigation! I'm not in love with the transmission as it seems to take it's time when shifting sometimes. But, the mileage isn't too bad. Bottom line - great car!

Top down driving, looks great. It's a Toyota - what more can I say?

Rear view with the top up could be a little better. Power passenger seats would be nice, also.

Fun to drive
By Tom LaPorte

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Indeed fun to drive. Handles very well. Some hesitation on acceleration. Would have liked power seat for driver and compass. Overall I like the car for my daily 130 mile commute.

Automatic 5 speed transmission Power for passing Good handling, very little sway in corners. Like the new cruise control

Power for the drivers seat compass rain sensitive wipers

Near perfect, needs a few more items
By Dave Rodham

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Easy driver. Lots of people comforts. I feel safe with airbags everywhere. Stereo should have 100 more watts or my hearing is shot. Wife says her seat has no power controls. My next car will have pass seat controls for wife. Few minor offensive features. Quality is unmatched. Long trips are a breeze. Trunk is sizable but needs dividers. All around good car and our dogs like it as well.

Like the (Pearl) Artic Frost White paint. Good power for a V6. Good gas mileage 30.9 average after 6500 miles. Auto dim mirrors in and out are great. So are HID lights. Night driving is superb. Seats are very comfy. Climate control is excellent once you figure out the overrides.

Needs memory seats (both power) I like the baby blue dash lights, but they clash with the green gage lights. I had 4 Runner with one touch start and miss it on Solara. No ashtray? Need more little storage spaces. Stereo needs a power booster button and XM capabilities.

Awesome!!!
By Solara6

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have has this car for 2 months and have 2000 miles on it and I have to say it is an excellent car!! I paid 20k for it with a power drivers seat, spoiler, and 17-inch rims (from the 06 Avolon XLS)!! The ride is smooth and quite, the interior is sporty with the "silver" trim, and the dash at night is amazing. I get definite power with the 4 cylinder, and if i want more I can drop into a lower gear for more with the electronic shift. You can keep it in manual mode all the time to get optimal power. The looks of the car are amazing, everyone has commented on the style of the car, it is HOT!!!! I wish there were more after market accessories for it though. A great buy for the price!

All of the interior and exterior. The controls on the steering wheel. 35 MPG!!!!

The sound system could be improved, speakers are pretty weak with heavy bass. Dual exhaust should be an option.

Great car, great price, best fuel economy
By Joe

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car to commute in and it has been a dream. I moved from a Lexus to the Solara so that I could have a cheap commuter vehicle. No compomises in build quality and getting 10 more mpg. I also like the fact that my Sirius radio fits in the space inside the dash. Rear of the car looks like a SC 430. Sweeet.

I love the way this car looks and handles. Toyota quality all the way. No noises or rattles. Seats are comfortable and even has lumbar support. I piked the SE, 4cyl auto with aloys and a sunroof for under 20K. Can not beat that deal. Would buy again.

Nothing. The car looks and runs perfectly.