Used 2006 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews - 197 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Camry Solara

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Love this car!
By CalifJan

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my '06 for over 6 mths and I love it. It is a fun and sporty car to drive yet has all the amenities of a luxury car. I like the radio control on the steering wheel and all the little features Toyota put on this car. The only negative is when the top is up there is a huge blind site when trying to look out the back window. Other than that, it is a great car.

The ease of the top going up and down and the radio control on the steering wheel

Make it easier to see out the back when the top is up

Awesome for the Money
By G.C. Sekaran

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great car for the money. It is spacious and and the leather seats are comfortable. The 6 Disc CD system is great. I'm very happy with it. I don't know why people are complaining about the looks? I'm glad I chose this over the cramped 2 seat roadsters. I can go long distance without having to sacrifice luggage.

Great looks, Toyotal Reliability, Awesome Sound System and great gas mileage so far.

Rear visibility. I wish the head rest in the rear seat cold be removed.

Love my ragtop
By lori

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

First new car I have ever purchased. Totally pleased with the comfort, performance, ride, gas mileage, and stereo. Extremely quiet, for a convertible, and love driving with the roof down. Thoroughly enjoying my new car.

Stereo, heated seats, leather interior, and quality of the interior features.

Boot is very hard to put on. When it rains, can't OPEN the windows. Terrible feature. Definite blind spots.

my Solara
By Fred Sanchez

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Love the car. The visibility factor is of some concern. Car design has a "blind spot" that requires care after a near-miss. Overall, however, a sweetheart.

Handling, nav system, basic layout. Very driver friendly

Eliminate that blind spot

Almost a Lexus
By Dave

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Car drives easily, responds well and has enough power to get around in hilly terrain without effort. A V6 that's less than 2 mpg off the 4 cyl at 30.8 all around total mpg over 7600 miles of city, highway and idling at the mall. Not bad.

My favorite is the auto dim rear view mirrors both in and out. HID headlights are very good also. This car shines for night driving. Steering wheel controls for radio/CD are well done and cruise is nice with its click up, click down at 1 mph increments.

I need more watts in the stereo as I don't hear well anymore. Memory seats would be nice and power seat for the passenger is a must. My next car will have power seat for my wife even if I have to change brands. I almost bought a Mustang GT, but gave up excitement for reliability.