Used 2006 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews - 197 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

SLE Solara
By Earl

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Quietest convertible that I have ever owned. Very low wind noise with the top up. Motor is very quiet, have to watch the tach sometimes to see if it is running. Top goes up and down easily.

Good storage compartment for cell phones and junk up front and a double drawer jockey box. Good trunk space for a convertible.

Very limited visibility to the rear when the top is up. Rear head restraints block even more view. I suggest they fold down when not in use.

Great car... but
By J. Zito

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The Solara Convertible is a well built, nicely styled car. The interior is both beautiful and functional, while the exterior is eye catching. Road noise and bumps are well isolated.

The sound system is top notch. The convertible top is easy to lower and raise. The car is very quiet for a convertible. All of the controls are easy to see and reach while driving.

Improved sport handling. Throttle is electronic and could be more responsive. Steering is isolated, no road feel.

Love my car!
By Christine

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car is sporty and fun to drive. The rear seats have much more room than any convertible I've ever ridden. It's a wonderful car to drive daily in the south. Vacations in the car have been wonderful.

Convertible top wood grain interior

The carpeting in both Solara convertibles I've owned has come loose around the center console.

Go for it!
By Solman6

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

If you were concerned about a 4 cyl. being underpowered don't be! I have no trouble with hesitation or merging onto highways or passing for that matter. I am 6ft 1" tall and the leg room is okay but headroom is obtained by tilting the seat back and making up the difference with the tilt telescopic wheel, if you are tall go for long test drive to be sure of comfort level. I put a full size spare in the trunk, no temporary tire for this long haul commuter, so be warned the well is too shallow for a full size tire requiring extension of hold down bolt and modification of well cover to accomodate it. Radio is adequate but nothing special, Gas mileage is great at 30 mpg average. Overall nice car!

The trunk size is great and the rear seat fold down feature makes it better. Controls are well thought out and easily reached and having some of them on the steering doesn't hurt! Three sets of keys was a nice surprise. Very quiet highway ride and I like the looks of the 4 cylinder alloy wheels.

I would improve the cup holders okay for styro cups but no universal fit. Seat cushion could have more padding. Make the seat heaters with high low setting. Make the radio in the SLE truly satellite ready, right from the factory. Improve the front license plate mounting system. Full size spare option.

Wow what a winner
By DJE

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I always thought a convertible would not be practical in day to day living. Boy was I wrong... driving this car makes errands more fun and they seem to go quicker. I am looking for more reasons to drive every day. The back seat is extremely roomy and was easily able to accommodate even a six foot friend with ease. I thought I would tire of a convertible after a year and now I am thinking why didn't I do it sooner!

Heated seats, sirius radio in dash, interior design, head turning body style despite what the critics say. people stop and talk to me about the car eveywhere I go.

There is a visibility issue when backing up. I wish the console locked. I would like the heated seats to have variable settings. I would like the side storage panels to open for easier access.