Used 2006 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews - 197 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Camry Solara

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Get your own
By Jim

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have 1100 miles on my new Solara and it is a dream to drive. Handles like a luxury car and performs likes a sports car. It is elegant, and has beautiful lines. I especially like the controls on the steering wheel, you never have to take your eyes off of the road. Makes the 140 mile daily commute pretty easy, lots of great comments on looks.

Styling, hands free radio control, auto headlights, looks like fairly good gas mileage for a six - 31mpg highway.

Bluetooth option, fisheye spot mirrors on the regular mirrors from the factory would help with the blind spots (lucky me I drove a truck and know how to use mirrors). A few more watts for the radio. Overall nice car.

A Most Excellent Car
By David

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is not only the first convertible I've ever owned but it's my first actual new car. After exhaustive research prior to buying I have to say that I am completely thrilled with the Solara. Fun to drive, hip and showy to look at and I know I can count on the Toyota quality. People mistake it for a Lexus constantly at first glance. When I drive it I can actually feel myself relaxing and unwinding on the way home from work. I couldn't have made a better choice! Black-on-black 2006 Solara Convertible SLE.

Styling, ride, quality.

Could always use better MPG.

Great Choice
By Patricia

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased this car in May of 2006, trading in my 4 year old, gas guzzling SUV. Wasn't sure how I would adjust to a smaller vehicle but I LOVE IT! This car goes to the beach almost every weekend and receives stares every time. Parking is much easier than in my previous auto and the car drives great. I recommend it to everyone!

Ease of convertible roof and sporty styling. Having two children, back seat was needed. Leg room is comparible to any midsize sedan.

Back up camera should be standard feature as it is difficult to see in reverse when roof is up.

It's like heaven
By GreyGoose9631

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

In one word, Awesome. This is by far the best car I have ever owned. This is my first Toyota, and unless things take a turn for the rest, I will definitely be back to buy another. I have just over 4k miles, so far no rattles or any complaints or problems. If there was one thing I could change, it would be the stereo. I cannot play MP3 formatted cds and I think the sound quality could be improved. I am hesitant about making any investments because I did lease this car, but it is still a thought. For the price, this is the perfect coupe.

The body lines. I have the Sport Edition, which has the added ground effects and 17" alloys (chrome would look better). I still grin when I stand back and look at this car. Everybody that has talked to me or rode in the car pays it nothing but compliments.

The stereo. In one word, Simple. I expected it would have a lot more features and maybe a few more speakers? This is the only upgrade I wish I would have selected.

Wow!
By Greg

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My first convertible, and I love it. Errands used to be a pain, now, I volunteer!!! Smooth, comfortable, stylish. I have never recieved so many compliments from people about having a great car! Makes driving fun.

All of them!. Just a great car from top to bottom. Even has some trunk space.

Backup avoidance system, or better visibility.