Used 2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible Consumer Reviews - 132 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

A Lexus Convertible for a Toyota Price
By mcvg

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I'm very pleased with my Solara. This is a very quiet car with the top up and tons of fun with the top down. The JBL Stereo is outstanding and provides great sound even with the top down on the interstate. I have had the car in for one warranty repair to fix a small rattle, but a very painless experience. I like all the little gadgets on this car, though the fuel mileage estimator usually posts about 3 mpg too high. Overall a wonderful car and great for weekend trips!

A great stereo system and very useful trunk (which is only slightly smaller than the Avalon trunk).

The blind spot can be tricky, and could be fixed somewhat if the rear seat headrests could be taken out (they currently do not detach).

First Class Fun & Reliability
By Charles

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned my Solara for just about a year now. It's been quite a reliable, enjoyable, auto that looks quite attractive still. The only problem that I've noted is that it is quite difficult to see out the rear passenger window when trying to back out of parking spaces, or merge into traffic. Otherwise, the car is more enjoyable and reliable than I had expected.

I guess my favorite features would be the all-window control, and the auto- headlights. Never have to worry about using headlight switch again.

Other than somehow fixing the blind spot out the rear passenger window, I guess my only disappointment is that the satellite radio does everyting except play MP3's. I read in the brochure that virtually all Toyota radios now play MP3's, but I guess mine is an exception.

My First Toyota - Quality Built Car
By Perfectly Built

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

First the workmanship of this car is perfect.The telescopic steering wheel, the quality stereo system, heated seat, quiet smooth ride, easy operated convertible top to the stylish body makes this a perfect quality car. You cannot even hear this car running.

Telescopic steering wheel, power lumbar with heated seat, easy to reach controls, larger side mirrors, color RED

Enlarge rear window to decrease blind spots, redesign convertible boot to make it easier to install and remove, have pedal come to the driver instead of the driver moving the seat to far foward to reach the pedals.

2006 solara convertible
By S. Swift

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car has the most interior room of any convertible on the road. We are both very tall and we don't look OVER the windshield. It handles like a dream and my gas mileage is great. I am getting 29.9 average city and hiway combo.

I love the radio controls on the steering wheel

I can't think of any unless it would be the ease of getting in/out of the rear seat from the drivers side. That can be a little difficult but we just don't use that side.... so NO PROBLEM

Love It
By Rhonda

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. Fun to drive, great with the top down. It's comfortable, reliable and performs great. Gas mileage is better than my 1998 Camry.

Convertible. Interior is sharp. Pretty much all of the car is my favorite.

None I can think of.