Used 2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible Consumer Reviews - 81 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Vroooom
By Danielle Burgess

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I had originally owned a 2004 Solara SE hard top and wrecked it back in 2005. I swore someday I would get another one and am so glad I did! I have two young kids and people thought I was nuts for getting a two door car. I love this car. It drives so comfortably that I feel like I am driving a Lincoln towncar in a smaller frame. I was used to the blind spots, but got extended blind spot mirrors just for extra visibility. She zips, she moves, she glides effortlessly through traffic and always turns heads. She needs some updating but for a 13 year old car she is worth it. I never feel like she is going to quit on me and leave me stranded.

Solid
By max

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have now owned a 2004 and a 2005 Solara SLE VG conv. Both of them were excellent vehicles, reliable, I averaged 21mpg on gas, stylish and affordable. Perfect car for anyone. I love this car and always feel safe and sure I will get to my destination.

Finally!
By Dennis

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

After a couple of years patiently waiting, I finally found the Solara ragtop for me! The '05 beauty was an off lease vehicle with only 27k miles and was spotless inside and out. It was obviously well cared for during its lease tenure and is still perfect now. Love the heated front seats and the fact that it seats 4 quite comfortably. Trunk space is awesome and it rides/handles much like a BMW 325. (although a bit anemic in the power dept.) I shopped BMW's and Mercedes as well but the Solara is a much better value for the $$. This one's definitely a keeper!

Dash layout, huge trunk, JBL sound system, comfortable seating, great looks.

Can't make improvements anymore. Model discontinued in '08. It's now a Lexus Isc!!

One Sexy Convertible!
By fyremn1

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I am 6'3" 260 lbs and very comfortable in this car. I researched and test drove other models and found this one to very accommodating for my long legs. I can definitely see driving long distances. Everyone who sees this "Pearl White" beauty has to compliment me. They especially love the color and the fact that it is a convertible. Good job Toyota! You got a real "head-turner!"

My favorites are the convertible top and the many interior amenities toyota has provided. Its ability to seat 4 people comfortably is another plus.

None.

Great Car!
By Great Convertible!

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Beautiful car. I've had a lot of cars, mostly imports, from Audis to VW and this is my 3rd Toyota and I think this Solara SLE is the best import I've had yet. A perfect buy for someone looking for a sporty, yet luxurious, front wheel drive (a must for me for winter) convertible with a non-manual top (what a pain the manuals are!), a large non-claustrophobic cabin with luxurious leather and well appointed and ergonomically designed controls, comfortable back seats and surprisingly large trunk. Good gas mileage at 23 mpg and good power for this v6. I looked at lots of convertibles, Audi TTs Saabs, Volvos, etc. but the Solara was the best for the money and I get compliments galore on it too!

Easy push button drop top, great seats, great lights for driving, good mpg, good sound system, power plugs in smart places, heated seats! Arctic air, quiet convertible!

I guess you can always improve a vehicle, but I'm happy with this the way it is!