Used 2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible Consumer Reviews - 80 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

A winner in my book
By Frank - Long Island

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Overall fit and finish are outstanding. The convertible top is simple to use, quiet, and draft free. The car has impressive acceleration and excellent braking. Regular driving is a pleasure but the suspension is too mushy for serious fun in the twisties. Hard cornering can produce some real significant understeer.

Finally someone made an affordable convertible that can comfortably sit four adults.

A manual transmission mated to the V6 would really up the "fun factor" of this car

Great Convertible
By paulapi

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I am 55 and this is the most fun car that I have ever owned. The quietness on the road is remarkable. There is no wind noise and the car rides as well as any sedan I have owned. Tight feel and great ride!!

Ease of putting top down. Roomy trunk for 2 door, as I travel a great deal for work.

I wish the car had an automatic seat adjustment like my Eddie Bauer Expedition and also a keypad to use to unlock doors.

Luxury and Fun
By josmama

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The Solara has been a fun and reliable car. It handles well in snowy conditions and is so much fun to drive in the summer. I have had so many compliments on what a nice looking car I have! Visibility is a problem when the top is on, as with all convertibles, however, you get accustomed to it. It does have a couple second delay when accelerating, once it gets past that...you're gone! It's a good combination of luxury and fun! Love this car!

Comfort and styling of the interior, convertible.

Radio, illuminated top close button, independent window controls for all 4 windows, auto seat for for front passenger, locking center console, outside side panels are a little plain for my taste.

wonderful and fun ride
By Susan

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car is so outstanding! The interior is plush and functional. The front and back seats are very comfortable. I love the heated seats. After a long day working it feels great on the back. This car gets a lot of attention. People come and ask to see it inside and out. All my friends and family beg to drive it. The engine has great pickup. The mirrors and visibility are great. And the convertible feature is very easy to operate .

The convertible feature of course is my favorite. There is nothing like having the top down and listening to the awesome sound system. I also love the wood trim and luxurous leather seats. The dashboard lights are 2 tone grey and black. Talk about a great look!

It's hard to latch the right side on the convertible for me. I'm short and that is a problem.

Serious Solara
By Edmo

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love my car! When in traffic around town, its smooth and quiet, but when the need arises.. there is power to spare! It's fun and quick. The JBL stereo works great and the convertable top is a champ! I had the sport ground effects added and he look is awsome! Get one today!