Used 2005 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews - 139 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Best Value
By Mark

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Just traded in my wife's mint Red Corvette convertible for this pearl white exterior with tan leather interior and tan top SLE V6 convertible Solara! Although this car has been in my garage for the past week, 5 neighbors have stopped by to look at it and all think it is a Lexus! The Solara is very comfortable and receives the same stares as driving the vette! This car has great interior and exterior appeal and a much easier convertible top function. I considered the Lexus SC 430 for my wife but prefered saving $ 40,000 with the Solara! The only change I made was to replace the 17" alloy wheels with custom chrome wheels which make the pearl white exterior stand out better.

Navigation system, stability/traction/brake assist functions and interior/exterior design! Much easier to get in and out of than the corvette! Great build quality!

Noticed the blind spot backing up from the dealership to bring the car home. She will get used to it, just be careful!

The Dream Convertible
By Terri Noyes

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have waited since I was 16 to find the perfect convertible-the Toyota Solara is fantastic-it is the quality of a luxury car with an unbelievably great price.

It is spacious inside, very comfortable for all passengers. Handles well. Very powerful engine. Beautiful styling

Absolutely love my Absolutely Red Solara
By Ali

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Toyota knows how to build a fun-to- drive 4 cylinder car. Not only that, but this one looks hot, and rides smooth as well. After determining that an Infiniti G35 was a little out of the price bracket this year, I decided to trade in my wonderfully reliable, but well-worn Ford Escort for something more...stylish and grown-up. The engine compression is fantastic, even at lower RPMs, so I don't miss the control of the manual transmission. The seats are extremely comfortable, and the power adjustments on the driver's seat are worth every penny. But don't take my word for it!

Sunroof Stereo

Adjustable seat belt anchors

A winner in my book
By Frank - Long Island

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Overall fit and finish are outstanding. The convertible top is simple to use, quiet, and draft free. The car has impressive acceleration and excellent braking. Regular driving is a pleasure but the suspension is too mushy for serious fun in the twisties. Hard cornering can produce some real significant understeer.

Finally someone made an affordable convertible that can comfortably sit four adults.

A manual transmission mated to the V6 would really up the "fun factor" of this car

Great Convertible
By paulapi

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I am 55 and this is the most fun car that I have ever owned. The quietness on the road is remarkable. There is no wind noise and the car rides as well as any sedan I have owned. Tight feel and great ride!!

Ease of putting top down. Roomy trunk for 2 door, as I travel a great deal for work.

I wish the car had an automatic seat adjustment like my Eddie Bauer Expedition and also a keypad to use to unlock doors.