Used 2005 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews - 141 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Vroooom
By Danielle Burgess

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I had originally owned a 2004 Solara SE hard top and wrecked it back in 2005. I swore someday I would get another one and am so glad I did! I have two young kids and people thought I was nuts for getting a two door car. I love this car. It drives so comfortably that I feel like I am driving a Lincoln towncar in a smaller frame. I was used to the blind spots, but got extended blind spot mirrors just for extra visibility. She zips, she moves, she glides effortlessly through traffic and always turns heads. She needs some updating but for a 13 year old car she is worth it. I never feel like she is going to quit on me and leave me stranded.

My best car
By JB

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

N/A

I Own Two Solaras Now
By Cyndi Burkey

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Even though this car is no longer being manufactured I believe it's becoming a cult car. People absolutely love their Solara's! Reliability and safety are biggies for me as I drive throughout California and to and from Montana on a regular basis. The Solara fits my needs beautifully! I own a second Solara - 2004-V-4 SL - in red. When I bought it in 2006 it had 63K miles and it now has over 200,000 miles - it never failed me on the road. A few months ago I bought my second Solara - a 2005 - V-4 Champagne-colored SLE with 51K miles. Though it came with an excellent JBL radio, I wanted to bring the technology up-to-date so I bought an after-market JBL Bluetooth/SIRRUS/Pandora Radio tuner - which gives me some excellent tunes and hands-free phone. The comfort of my car is never an issue - I wish it had more kick, but insisted on buying the V-4 vehicles because I get great mileage - sometimes 30 mpg. People have always loved my Solaras...they are real beauties. I'll never understand why Toyota let go of a sure thing.

Solid
By max

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have now owned a 2004 and a 2005 Solara SLE VG conv. Both of them were excellent vehicles, reliable, I averaged 21mpg on gas, stylish and affordable. Perfect car for anyone. I love this car and always feel safe and sure I will get to my destination.

Nice Car
By zachj7

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I really like this car. It looks really nice from the outside and looks good on the inside. The fuel economy is nice. It turns eyes. It is very reliable. The only thing I am not cray about is that it feels like you are driving a bus sometimes. They should have tightened up the steering. It really drives like a grandpa lexus and I knew that going into it. I had an audi before this and nothing compares to the audi's AWD, however the solara does pretty well in the snow. Overall, very solid car that looks really good.

The look The fuel economy The reliability

XM-serius? They put a button but it doesn't do anything. How bout some buttons on the steering wheel, Tighter steering Other than that, great car