Used 2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe Consumer Reviews - 237 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Love the car
By andi

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my solara. It is comfortable to ride in and yet stylish with good gas milage. You couldn't ask for any more in a car.

The sleek style and the comfort that I have when driving. It handles well.

The trunk can be a pain to close.

Many annoying defects
By CBB

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had a significant number of problems with my Solara (none involving the engine, thankfully), including significant rattling in the dashboard (6 repairs, and counting), rattling/loose passenger window, whistling of the door seals at highway speeds, defective tire pressure indicator, defective rocker (retracting) mechanism in sunroof, defective driving lights, etc. Very shocking, given Toyota's reputation for reliability.

Great drive; love the interior. Stereo system is very good.

Very poor driver visibility out of rear passenger windows; significant driver blind spots. Have had some close calls.

Good vehicle
By ppp

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Pros: My 2004 still turns heads on occassion, excellent interior, big trunk, good road manners, average 33 Mpg on the highway with conservative driving. Have had a left drift problem (spring seat displaced, dealer fixed) and replaced a tie rod. The original Bridgestone tires were trash, only lasted 25,000 miles. We have used our Solara very hard, excellently engineered and easy to live with. Not a sports car, but a sporty car.

Style, sharp SE sport interior, big for 2 doors, good mileage with reasonable power in the 4 cyl. White fuzzy dice on mirror look right at home.

more comfortable seats, doors are creaky, needs a turbo v6 option

I love my Solara (except for one thing)
By MaryM

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love my car. I am pregnant for my third child so I probably will have to sell it *crying inside*. But I'm going to hang in there with it until it gets unbearable. It drives wonderful and has the get up and go I need. It only gets about 16 mpg city but it doesn't matter I love it still. The only problem I had with this car is with the trunk release. This has quit working on me twice already. It does not have a way to open the trunk besides the inside release (by the gas door release) and the keypad on you keyring. This is the only thing I don't like about it. At least give me a place where I can stick my key in to open the trunk! With that said the car in perfect to me!

Actually, I think my favorite feature is the seat warmers (especially since it's cold).

Put trunk lock on the trunk. As I said before the trunk is only accessible by the release in the car and the keypad.

This car is my baby
By Katherine

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Where do I start... I loooove this car. My family gets mad at me because I won't let anyone else drive it, and I am very finicky where I park it, how close people get to me on the road, how close people park to me, etc. Yes, I am obsessive. haha. What's not to like? It is a hot looking car, smooooth riding, reliable, dependable, well-built, great horsepower (I have the v6 engine), and feels like luxury. I love the color I chose, cosmic blue metallic. I have only seen a handful of them out there. This is my first Toyota but it certainly will not be my last.

6 disc CD player Volume controls on the steering wheel Heated Seats Compass thing on Mirror Auto Dimming Mirror Temperature control system Side/curtain airbags anti-lock brakes

No perforated leather seats. Why are they perforated? Looks a little weird but whatever.