Used 2004 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews - 294 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Camry Solara

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Love My Car
By Dolores

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I am so happy with my 2004 Camry Solara, which I bought new in 2004. It is zippy, easy to handle, fun to drive, fast, beautiful color (Oceana Pearl)and great gas mileage. The interior is roomy, and the sound system and climate control are perfect. No problems whatsoever (other than I got a ticket for speeding not long ago.)

Hard to pick my favorite features, as I like all of them. The moon roof works great, with tilt and also completely open; the dials are so easy to read; very large storage compartments, both in console (for cd's, etc.)and also in dash (for hidden satellite radio).

The only improvement I can think of, and this may even be available now, is a built-in satellite radio. This automobile is available with the navigation system, which I do not have, as I do not care about and would not use.

Blind spots
By solara

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The cars rides like a jewel. The worst thing is the roll bar in the rear, one cannot see what is in back of them, and also the rear window is small. The interior design is not very conducive to convenience of using the back seat area for putting packages on the floor temporarily. In fact you could eliminate the back seat area all together. No one can get back there to sit. I would not buy that model car again. I do love the Toyota engineering though, it is great over all.

Rides and drives like the wind. The top is the easiest I have ever had to operate, of which I appreciate greatly since I have the use of my right hand only.

Do something about the height of the roll bar on the back seat, or have some way to remove them. They really are a hindrance, and the side view mirrors do not make up for the smallness of the rear window.

Over All Pretty Satisfied
By D.W. ESQ.

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Driving mostly American made cars in the past, I would have to say I am more than happy to have made the switch to Toyota. Good fuel economy, great styling with the right package, plenty of passenger room, options, safety features, luggage space, and on and on. Toyota was not typically a car I would consider buying but when I first noticed the new design of this style Solara it had my attention right away. Being in my late twenties, I found this to be a "smart" purchase to combine safety, pleasure, and price. This vehicle "turns heads" of all ages. "Class" and "youthfulness" are both expressed through its design.

Tire pressure monitoring system, extensive fuel monitoring system, great sound system (even though the 6 disc changer had to be replaced due to it locking up), luggage spacing which opens to interior, passenger room, gas mileage, price, overall styling.

Windshield shifting noise (dealer verified nothing to worry about), can't turn the radio up without noticing some interior rattling, plasticy cupholder lid broke too easy. Fairly disappointed to see the only updates on the '07 are cheap int. and ext. touches.

Fun To Drive!
By FabGirl

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love my navigation. I will NEVER EVER get another car without it. Im NOT a fan of the two doors. It's too hard to get in and out of the back seat. It's a smooth ride but the seal on the windows needs to be better. I had to take it in twice because of whistleing. The leather seats are already cracking as well. I also hate the tires. I had 2 sets put on already because they wear so quickly and at 150/tire, that's crazy. Other then that this is a nice car!

Navigation, nice wood interior, rides smoothly, love the heated seats!

Change the tires, improve the seals on the windows, Make a 4 door model

Still Love It!
By Linda D.

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Solara for 2 years and I still love it. I am impressed with the look, comfort, and speed of the car. It has great pick-up and the sequential shift is helpful on the freeway. For someone who wants a car that will handle any condition, this is it. Everyone thinks this is a great looking car, and the "absolute red" surely helps give it even more of a sports-car look.

The V6 engine is fast and reliable, but also very good on gas. I also love the sound system. It provide a very good quality sound.

I am disappointed with the size of the opening between the trunk and back seat. The fold-down seats are convenient but they do not lay flat enough to allow you to push longer or wider items through to the back seat. This needs a better design.