Used 2004 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews - 294 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Camry Solara

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Love this car
By aron

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I'm a first time car buyer and bought the car with 160,000 miles yes 160,000 miles and when I drove it it felt like a new car and when I bought it in for in oil change the dealer asked if the car reached 50 thousand miles I love the car. It keeps its value if maintained

the green led inside the stereo and the rims that came with the car and the lexus like styling

rear visibility and improved fuel economy and a more cushioned suspension.

The best ride
By Maria

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is the BEST car I have ever owned! Toyota is a fantastic company and they stand behind their vehicles! I love the style of my sporty red Solara as well as the performance, not to mention the detail of this car - could not be better! I plan on keeping this car until the very end. I have seen the previous years' solara models on the road and they still look sharp!

Style - gorgeous!

Tire pressure light is extremely sensitive. Should be improved.

Great car but some flaws
By solaraowner

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this new in 2004. It's reliable and I've never had any major problems with it, except cosmetically. The paint scratches very easily and the interior plastic panels came loose multiple times and I had to take it to several dealers before they fixed it for good. I wish for the money the car had a more quality interior. Mileage is excellent. The tire pressure monitor is way too sensitive and I wish it told you the pressure- sometimes it goes off it there is too much air in the tire, but you have to check the tires BEFORE adding air for this reason. The snow guard or whatever under the car came loose a few times when other people drove my car and the driver seat can come loose.

On wheel controls, leather seats, heated seats

Less plastic, more luxury. More comfortable seats (not so bucket-y!) and power passenger seat adjustments. Rear AC and same access to back seat on driver side as passenger side. Better pickup when changing gears- it hesitates sometimes and has almost caused accidents.

will keep forever
By Joe

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car used from a private party and, with its low mileage, low profile tires and after-market rims, I fell in love with it at first sight. I'm still in love with its manual transmission, plush ride and still-in-style good looks after five years of care-free driving. They say the Solara is a mature woman's car, but this honcho couldn't care less!

Two big, wide doors provide an easy access. When the rear seats are removed, the Solara holds almost as much cargo as a station wagon, without the boxy station wagon looks.

The Solara should come new with low profile tires and sportier rims. People mistake my Solara for a Lexus 2-door!

5 Years 105,000 Miles - Still Love It
By Diana

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Eight cars to date, this is the first car I've owned where I put more that 50,000 miles on it. This is my second Toyota. Hasn't had any problems, engine is still quiet and smooth, and parts still fit together like they were new. Mileage has gone down some, from 30 to 28 MPG - still excellent for me. Was not looking for a sport car, just a sporty look, so the performance (or lack thereof) isn't important to me. I never thought I would have a car this long, and I am in no hurry to buy another.

Styling, good gas mileage for a 6 cylinder.

Reduce road noise.