Used 2004 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews - 297 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Owned for 13 years & still running!!
By tinamarieoc714@gmail.com

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Solara in 2004 & its still running beautiful in the year of 2018. There has never been no problems with my car. Oil changes ,changing of tires and regular maintenance is all it needs. If I were to buy another car I would definitely purchase another Solara in a heart beat!

Great Dependable Car
By Travis

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Dependable car with basic upkeep. Ride is a little stiff(feel every bump in the road) being the sport model it has the better suspension at a cost of ride comfort but this does not kill the value of this car. One moment feels like a every day ride but when you put your foot down you can tell Toyota really put some thought into this model.

Grateful for my Solara, Fun & Safe
By Grateful4mySolara

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2004 Solara about a year and a half ago. I was so excited to get it and have absolutely been in love with it ever since. My plan was to keep it for ever or as long as possible. After all my previous Celica was 22 years old and still running when I sold it years back. I loved having the convertible. I live in New England and both this year and last year I had my top down throughout October. Fortunately and unfortunately recently I found out just how safe this car is too. While driving down a main route, traveling about 40-45mph. I unexpectedly passed out, I woke up to the front left side of my beautiful car wrapped around a tree. Somehow I walked away with only having a bruise from the steering wheel on the top of my thighs, mostly just the right one. I have no idea at this point as to why I passed out. What I do know is I love my car even more now. I’m praying that the frame isn’t bent and I can repair it because at this time I can’t replace it. At this time if I have to get a new car I’m going to have a hard time trying to replace it with something I like even half as much and now on top of it, something I feel as safe in. Great car, highly recommend.

Nicest Car I've Ever Had [almost]
By Tim R.

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the car from a small dealer's online ad and the dealer is 2 highway hours away from my home. The previous owner[s] had all services done at two Toyota dealers. My selling dealer had to have the front upper strut mount body metal reinforced due to heavy corrosion. The repair seems fine. The rear suspension was very noisy - constant clanking/knocking noises over any road surface. Had to drive the car all the way back for the dealer to inspect, and just before the drive test, and during it, the noise reached catastrophic levels - sounded like a jackhammer crew was bashing the underside to pieces. Dealer replaced both rear strut mounts and struts, and brake rotors and pads. I had the rear sway bar bushings replaced by my local Toyota dealer. The repairs left the car with mild clunking at times, but basically it's not too bad. I've had to replace the entire parking brake cable/shoe assemblies, but at 12 years, it's expected.The car otherwise is absolutely wonderful and I love it more as the weeks go by. The JBL stereo cassette and CD performance is superb. The lighting at night is great. Most people think it's a new car, and you can only tell its age from the driver's seat leather wear. I'd buy another in a heartbeat, but only a coupe. I think the convertible top is hideous when up. I do think having no lock cylinders in the right door and deck lid is dumb though.
Two year report: I still feel exactly the same way. Noisy suspension at slow speed but everything else is wonderful.
New report: Still love the car but that suspension noise does drive me nuts until I turn up the JBL stereo . . . Cassette, of course.
Three year report [next month is three years]: Everything the same, except the rear suspension is somewhat quieter now. No buyer's remorse.

Best Car Ever
By finch13

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

at 49 I have owned many car brands but this solara has been the best ever. Bought it 3 years ago with 82km and now have 171km and it runs like new. 3 weeks ago I hit black ice and went over a bank and almost cried at the thought that it may be totalled. It was repairable and will get it back this week. Regular maintenance & new timing belt, water pump is all I've ever done to it. Plan on running it until it literally falls apart. Only thing I would trade it for is a newer one with less miles.

Power, Reliability, Comfort, Fuel Economy,