Used 2001 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews - 52 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Toyota Camry Solara

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Not a bad deal for the money
By arjun metha

2001 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car with 70,000 miles. It runs good, but did have some problems here and there. I believe the brakes could be better on the car. I have gotten the brakes done by the dealership, and still don't feel a major difference. Other than that the car is not bad overall. One more thing, I believe the headlights could be better on the car.

Love it!
By Lisa

2001 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Very comfortable car. My husband has long legs and when sitting behind him in the back seat there is plenty of room. The trunk is huge. I have had actually a couple accidents in this car (not my fault), it held up very well. One of the most favorite cars I've had.

leg room and the wood trim on the inside.

I cant think of any. It has it all.

2001 TRD solara- Awesome car! I love it!
By Mike Tornatore

2001 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought a 2001 se v6 solara which are very rare. Many aftermarket upgrades have been done. It has a TRD short throw shifter, TRD exhuast which adds about 5-10hp, TRD 7 piece body kit, 18 inch TSW wheels, TRD springs and struts which lower the car 2 inches, and i've also put in a K&N filter(+5hp) which also boosted the Horsepower. The car rides like a dream and handles great as well. The 5 speed transmission is a blast to drive and the car wants to get up and go. The car is very comfortable and incredibly roomy for a 2 door coupe. I do not have any complaints about the car and the car has been getting an avg. of 28 mpg combo of city/highway driving!! I highly recommend this car to all!!

Leather seats, moonroof, JBL sound system upgrade, V6 engine, TRD equipment, roomy back seat, and large trunk.

Outdoor temperature gauge, remote trunk open, and audio controls on the steering wheel. All of which are available on the new model but the cost isn't necessarily worth those rather unimportant options.

Good car, yet not a fun one
By Paul Revera

2001 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I recently bought a Solara and was suprised at how nice the interior is! nice leather, nice sound, and the wood paneling adds a nice touch. Yet this car is no performer. The V6 is underpowerd and it is not fun to drive. This car should be labeled as a cheaper luxury car, which it is, but is not a sports car by any means. It is 1000% better than a camry, and is a very reliable car. Although I plan to get a Injen cold air intake, Greddy Exhaust and a TRD supercharger to make up for the not-so-fun factor about it.

JBL! sound, Great interior styling, great price.

250hp V6, BETTER PAINT

Decent ride
By red & sharp

2001 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Performance is good enough for a 4 cylinder car and fuel economy is unbeatable. I have a metallic red Solara with tan interior and I love the colors. JBL system is great, you don't need any aftermarket music system. Car is smooth and quick and the best thing, you get that performance with a very reasonable amount of fuel. Comfortable, roomy, reliable, stylish, economic and fun to drive. Parts are cheap and this is the easiest car to maintain. That was all I needed and that's exactly what I have. You can't go wrong with Solara.

Quality, quality and quality.

Make more Solaras.