Used 2001 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews - 52 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Toyota Camry Solara

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

The Real Deal
By Bratva

2001 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Edmunds got it wrong on this one. They did make SLE V6 in Manual transmission. I drive one. I got it used, in immaculate condition. I care for it and installed a Magnaflow exhaust, KYB suspension, Brembo performance brakes, and sticky tires. Overall, a terrific car. Great JBL sound system and tons of fun with bulletproof reliability and power to boot.

Leather seats, sound system, simplicity of the controls, build quality, and V6 power.

Shorter throws on the gear shifter, 6 speed manual transmission, tighter turning radius, darker tint on the windows. My biggest complaint is the lack of aftermarket performance parts!

Outstanding Vehicle
By NYABU

2001 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car new, almost 9 years later it runs and looks as good as it did when new. No major repairs, except for maintenance and the car has never broken down. Particularly comfortable on weekly drives between LA and Vegas. Was rear-ended while sitting at a light by a car traveling 40 miles an hour. The other car was totaled, mine is being fixed and I feel fine. I'm glad they could fix, would never get the true value of this vehicle.

Reliability and overall performance. Love the large trunk, spacious interior. I'm no race driver, but it has plenty of get up and go.

Better on open road, not as nimble in traffic - turning radius could be improved. But I still love this car!

I purchased it and I love it
By Rena

2001 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought this car, and I'm totally happy with it. Comfortable, very nice interior. I just have one thing is the commuter, it's not like what I expected from a Toyota, I expected more miles/gal. Other than that... it's awesome.

leather interior

Mileage?

AWESOME!
By Judi in Richmond

2001 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased with 112500 miles...no problems and I love the car. Smooth driving, high performance and handles great in the rain. Love having the top down and enjoying the fresh air. Can't explain why I waited so long to consider a convertible! Best decision ever made. Don't have a garage, but have purchased a cover for the winter months when I won't be using it. Have found 2 new (2008) models in Virginia but Toyota has now stopped building Solara. Too bad....I might want to a newer one in next couple of years. Best convertible on the market.

Automatic top release/closure; leather interior is sexy

How do you improve on perfection? This is an awesome vehicle for the money.

Great Car
By jrsat01

2001 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this as a cert used with 9000 miles... currently has over 260000 without "any" problems... normal wear and tear... tires, brakes, oil changes etc... still get around 28 mpg, can only say it's no wonder Chrysler and GM are having problems... this car is quick, quiet and very dependable. This was/is a great car.

The whole thing... great job Toyota.

Can't think of a one.