Used 1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe Consumer Reviews - 103 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Excellent eye catching car!
By blr1620

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe

I have owned my toyota solara sle since september of 2004. I love this car. Fun to drive. eye catcher, everyone asks to see inside of it. Lots of room in the main part of the car and lots of room in the trunk. The only maintenance issue I had was egr valve gaskets, cheap and easy fix. I drove the car from oregon to arizona straight there only stops for gas. No problems.

My favorite features would be the roominess of the interior and trunk.

Suggested Improvements would be more horsepower. and a sport performance package.

Donna's Solara
By Donna Knight

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe

Bought used, good deal, great car, nothing but regular maintenance required. Feels very safe, excellent ride, fun to drive. Love the V6 engine, good pickup on the highway.

Great pickup on highway, feels safe.

None

Great Car!
By Hermosillo

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe

Great car, have had it for almost 7 years now, 120,000+ miles on it, not a single repair, no squeaks or rattles, still running as smooth as its first year. I have put many miles in Mexico on so so roads with no problems. Friends can't believe it rides so smooth and how good it feels and looks after 7 years and more than 100k miles. Have had all the services done at the dealer. Great for long trips, very comfortable, good mileage. I've driven the car from No Cal to Central Mexico, on rain, snow, desert, still running strong!

Reliability, smooth engine, fuel economy, interior, large trunk, A/C, comfort

Firmer suspension

Fabulous Car!
By Bethers

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe

I work at a new car dealership, and I purchased this vehicle with 85K miles on it and it rides better than most of the new cars! I've yet to have any problems with the vehicle. The acceleration is fantastic, and the ride is very smooth. The Solara is very sporty yet practical, and an all around great vehicle

quick acceleration, cozy and roomy interior, and it drives like a much more expensive vehicle

not very fuel efficient

I Customized Mine
By MikeS

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe

The car is a little boring if its stock. I TRD'ed mine and i love it, black with black wheels. I always get compliments and people mistake it for a 2004-2005. The only complaint I have is that i didnt get it in stick.. PS I got it with 72k miles on it and not one single problem..yet Buy with confidence. mike

one touch sun roof, and the tail lights.

stock car should be 1 inch lower to take some of that wheel gap out.