Used 1999 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews - 103 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1999 Toyota Camry Solara

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Great Year for Camry Solara!
By Solara Luver

1999 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe

I bought this vehicle new for less than $20K. It's a four cylinder automatic with alloy wheels and a few bells and whistles. Nice looking car even after all these years. I now have 155,000 miles on the clock without ANY major repairs! My goal when buying this Solara was 200,000 miles, now I'm thinking 250,000 will be easy. I have been sold on Honda and Toyotas for about twenty years. Their reliability, fuel efficency and design simply bury the competition. If you follow the scheduled maintenance you will not be unhappy. My next car will definitely be a Solara. Maybe the convertible!

The coupe design is sleek looking. Interior cockpit very intuitive. Car is peppy, and handles well, although a bit light in the rear. Ride is more quiet than you would expect.

None, but newer models have bluetooth, GPS and other features that I will definitely want in my next car

Finally I found my car.
By RnR

1999 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe

I bought my 99 Solara with 97,000 miles on it in February 07, and I made my best vehicle purchase ever. This car is such a solid, well built, stylish, dream of a car that I can't believe it's almost 9 years old. Sometimes I just go places to drive it. Yes, I replaced the front struts, and then the strut plates. I put a Pioneer C.D. player (the stock one was broken) in the car. I also put a cold air intake on it to improve mpg. Big difference on trips, not so noticable in town. I also have a Tacoma, and Toyota totally rocks! I totally love my 99 Solara! Toyotas are the best value!

Everything about this car is beautiful: price, performance, quality, style.

The one thing that would make this car even better is a remote trunk release, but the car makes up for that in other areas.

The best!
By Misha

1999 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe

I've had this car for over a year now and already put 18000 miles on it. It is definitely the best car I've ever owned. Previous owner had installed TRD suspension kit so the car is lower then normal you have a better control. In the past year I had to replace generator, thermostat, brakes, clutch, 2 wheel barrels - not a big deal.

Lots of power! 200 hp, you could get it up to almost 300 hp with an optional TRD supercharger! Japanese made. Good gas mileage: ~30MPG

Beyond expectations!
By Loyal SLE-V6 lady

1999 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe

I have had a hard time deciding to pass this car to my son and buy a new one. I have a lot of highway miles and believe me that with 100% on time proper maintenance - this car can last a lifetime. No leaks, the only problem is that the paint and sealant is not thick enough. Can easily chip and there are two special body "mysteries" about a dime size that turned up after the warranty ran out. However, repairable.

Comfort; quiet; smooth - awesome engine.

The paint and sealant is not thick enough. Can easily chip and there are two special body "mysteries" about a dime size that turned up after the warranty ran out.

167,000 miles bought at auction
By Dana

1999 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car at a auction with 130,000 miles. I have driven from SC to FL and SC to VA countless times. Now with 167,000 miles still runs great no problems at all! Very roomy, and fun to drive, looks great inside/outside. Im sold on toyota! I really don't want to sell it but with a baby I really need an SUV or sedan.

Love the wood grain, sound system is awesome, trunk space is huge! Back seat space is very comfy even with tall people or a packed car. Very reliable!!!! No road noise. Smooth ride.

Honestly can't complain, even if I wanted to.