2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid Consumer Review: Solid Value

2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid - Consumer Review

Solid Value
By rmiddlemas on

2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My wife drives this car mainly around town. She has a very heavy foot...on the gas, off the gas. Averaging 32 mpg after 28,000 miles. When I drive it on trips, I get much better mileage, over 40mp. Even though its over 3 years old, it feels, looks and drives like new. g.
I'm pretty tall and large (6'2", 240 lbs), but this car fits me extremely well (no sunroof, thankfully).
Electronic steering assist does not give great feedback, but it surprisingly makes the front wheel drive feel very solid and absolutely neutral...no FWD steering torque. Engines' integration is absolutely flawless and the transmission is seamless.
My only issue is the ride...its pretty taught...not Mercedes taught, but harsher than that. I attribute it to the high air pressures that the tires carry, and which are monitored by the air pressure monitoring devices. I may disable them and drive the tires with a few less pounds.
This is a very competent, solid car and is a screaming value. Would I buy it again? Absolutely!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By rmiddlemas
on 06/03/13 14:23 PM (UTC)

We have now put 5000 miles on the Camry Hybrid, and are still impressed to the extent that we are considering purchasing another. This weekend drove the 2014 Mazda 6 (2.5 litre engine) and the Honda Accord with the 4 cylinder engine. Without a doubt, the Camry out-performs both with more power, more immediately applied. All for about the same price, Camry is a top pick.