Used 2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Base Consumer Reviews - 151 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (151 reviews )

MPG - Gas Milleage and Horse Power
By Kevin Bui

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am really disappointed by the gas mileage that I go for nearly a year, about 12,000 miles so far. I got about 28-30 miles/gal. Not sure because I live near a lot of mountain area; up and down hill; or short distance drive that caused the mileage couldn't be close to 34 or more. I took the car to the dealer and complaint about it but they ran diagnostic test and showed nothing wrong. Also, don't see a lot of horse power. Basically, me and my wife were driving like old lady style in order to see any improvement in gas mileage but it stay around 30 mile/gal or less. Not really happy at all.

comfort drive and quiet

Need visor light. Better to have reading light instead of one light to the whole cabin. Why outside temp not show next to the clock like previous model. Improve horse power and make sure MPG better in worse condition like mountain area condition, and when AC is on, mileage is worst

Not To happy
By Lanenn

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I did heavy research before I traded my 2004 Chevy Maxx. Read every report, drove some other cars,and this Camry Hybrid seemed to be the very best I could buy. Safe, good trade value, good mileage..maybe at 71 years old my last car. Now after almost 8 mos. I have been very sorry I purchased this car. Gas mileage not so great, better in summer then winter. Interior very plan,fun to drive, answer: no.Now with all the bad coming about Toyota, even if this Camry Hybrid is not on any recall..YET the value is sure to fall off. I should have stayed with Ford or Chevy. There all some other things about this Camry that are becoming more of a disappointment to me and my wife. The AC/heat control are poor.

Good fuel mileage in summer. Looks nice when clean. Ride is good for size of car.

Larger trunk, more door switch lighting,Easy vent, heat and AC controls.Fold in outside rearviews. Side door mouldings. More for your money. Better gas mileage for a hybird!

Love it, Love it, LOVE IT!
By Shug

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I drive 30,000 miles per year and LOVE this car. Traded a Lexus RX350 and hardly note a difference, except fuel economy! I get 43 MPG most of the time, worst has been 35MPG-WONDERFUL! Not included in any recalls so expect to hold value, too. Great pickup, passing power. Love to play the how many miles per tank game, getting up to 650 per tank full. Watching the MPG screen is like playing a video game-how high can you go and keep? LOVE It! I am driving much smarter now. Driving this much means I look for comfort and this is as good as my Lexus was. I can adjust seats Up, Dwn, forward and back and tilt. It's raining and I can look over at all those wet people and drive by for days!:)

Gas Mileage, quiet ride, COMFORT,did I mention GAS MILEAGE?

I did like the cup holder on the left of the steering wheel in my Lexus...and the backup camera. But I paid big bucks for those vs. the Camry.

Great vehicle
By Ron

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We went from a 98 Acura RL that we bought new to a 09 Camry Hybrid and went from Premium fuel at 22mpg to regular fuel and 36.2 mpg. even higher on the road. The Camry has been great with no complaints. Ride is smooth,power is ample and service is what you expect from a Camry. We are pleased and will probably add a 2nd Hybrid when we find what we want.

Smooth big car ride,plenty of power,comfortable interior,great gas mileage and good looks outside

automatic raising of drivers window

The absolute BEST car I've ever owned
By Lauren Perreault

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car is so much fun to drive! I came off of a big SUV and it is so nice to maneuver this baby around. Easy to park, looks like it cost much more (people usually think it is a Lexus or Mercedes) and perfect for me, a Realtor, to take clients around in as it is comfortable for them to sit in the back seat and looks expensive enough that they don't think I'm not successful. Mileage is terrific -- 32 around town (LOTS of stop and go as you can imagine) and 44 hwy. I love the whine of the hybrid -- sounds so space age. The only thing to be careful of is that it is so quiet in reverse that people in parking lots don't realize your car is on and moving, so you have to watch out for them!

SO MUCH STORAGE! There are so many little drawers, bins, nooks and crannies -- my very favorite is two little pickets along each side of the center part of the console -- perfect for my business cards that I have to leave at every house, and the other side has my partner's business cards.

Add backup camera to the nav -- I had to add after market. Also make the voice controlled nav have an option to assume you are still in the same state unless you tell it otherwise -- it is annoying to always have to tell it the address you want is in California.