Used 2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan Consumer Reviews - 151 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (151 reviews )

Smooth running...
By hybrid09

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Very smooth operation and extremely quiet. Exceeds my expectations, although the ride is a bit soft, as expected for a Toyota. Well-satisfied to this point. Heve the GPS which is a useful and enjoyable option. Car has plenty of power and is well-built.

Hybrid powertrain provides smooth running and excellent gas mileage.

Ride could be firmer with less "float."

Very happy
By Mike

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I live in Minnesota and have had my Camry Hybrid during both a warm summer and a very cold snowy winter. I averaged 39-42 MPG during the summer and 28-34 MPG during the winter. One review from ORLY said he was only getting 26-28 MPG caused me to write this review. I can't even imagine how a person could get such low MPG numbers. I have the leather heated seats, they are very comfortable on a long drive. My only complaint is I get a faint noise through my drivers window when fully closed. The stereo with the bluetooth is fantastic both in sound and function. What ever gas prices are at the time the way I look at it I have cut the price of gas in half. This car has more room than my VolvoS80.

Comfort of seats. Stereo and bluetooth. Gas mileage.

None

Another Great Camry
By CNJ #4

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my 5th Camry!!! 87,90,94,98,2009 I have put over 200k miles on each, kept at least for 9-10 years and still sold them for over $3k after that. Just replaced the 98 w 245k miles. This is unbelievable, great smooth ride, great mileage, ave 36-38. Lots of toys! I have had it 2 months and had no issues. This is a loaded w Nav, roof, leather etc... got a great deal $33k list paid $27,700! - darn right they are hurting bad to sell these cars below invoice. The kids love the Ipod plug, and video.. the Push button start is the coolest! Anyway just to be safe I took the 100k 6 yr no deductible warranty... the salesman said these ware made 100% in Japan...anyone know that to be true?

Nav, no key just push... virtually silent when in electric and very quiet in gas. Bluetooth pairs w 6 phones, lots of POI's... VERY SMOOTH RIDE!!!!!!

Need interior upgrade like on gas XLE or even nicer for the money. Small trunk, heated rear seats

Excellent Car!!!!
By carol26

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Our experience with this car has been nothing but positive. We are military so we drive from Florida to Texas once a year(about 1,000 miles). On our trips(we've gone twice so far), we average about 40 MPG. Once we even got 42 MPG!!! The cabin is very quiet and I can actually speak in my normal voice! I love the bluetooth feature. Since we live on a military base, driving while on the phone is illegal and can cause us major trouble. I love how quiet it is at stop lights. I can hear myself think!! This car is reliable, and beautiful inside and out. I also love the 6 cd changer and the separate temperature control. We couldn't have made a better decision !

Hard to choose one, but I would have to say the quiet cabin, how quiet it is at stop lights, and of course.... the MPG!!!

More trunk space. I know the battery occupies lots of space, but trunk space would be nice. Other than that, nothing really. All else is wonderful!

Update to my Aug 08 review
By onebeacon

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After more than 6 months of driving my 09 TCH I still think it's one of the best cars I have ever owned. I was getting between 34-42 MPG when I first got it, but that was being easy on the gas peddle, now, with much more aggressive driving, I'm getting 28-34 MPG. Still impressive for a large car. I just found out my car ins. for the hybrid is HALF the cost of the Highlander I traded in!

Leather, push button start