Used 2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 76 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (76 reviews )

I love it!
By Raina B

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Very smooth and quiet ride! On my first tank of gas I got 37.2 miles to the gallon. I'm glad I chose the Camry Hybrid!

Aside from the great gas mileage I love the leather seats, silver exterior color and ash interior color, homelink and the auto-dimming rearview mirror.

none

Awesome auto!
By dansr42

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Very happy. Ride is equal to many caddys we have owned. Plenty of room and many nice features.

Everything.

Able to make changes in the navigation system at any speed. We cannot change any settings in the nav. beyond the speed of 5mph. If we have to make any changes in nav. we have to pull over and stop.

Best One Yet!
By J Latte

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Can't go wrong with a Toyota! I have had my Camry now for 2 months now. I have 6,000 miles so far and wish I had more time to drive it. I wasn't sure if I could go from an SUV to a car, but it was easy to do. This car is a dream. At first I didn't think it was getting all that good gas mileage at around 30 mpg, but now I get around 36.8 mpg @ 72ish on the highway, and in town 37 to up to 42 mpg. Has been my avg for the last 4,000 miles or so. Just buy one you will not look back and say I wish I had looked at that other car first, after you own your Camry hybird, you will wish you had gone green sooner!

Great gas mileage! Ride, nav is easy to use and understand, the sound system is great for stock. Leather seats are firm yet soft.

Fog lights. HID. And lights on the window switches front and back. Lighted entry like the ES 350. But that is if you wanna get really picky, all easy to fix on your own.

Love my new '08 Camry
By Remard C

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I needed to replace my 2000 Grand Am for daily travel to work. Because of the rising gas prices I wanted to look at a hybrid. I chose the 2008 Camry because of the incentives Toyota was offering, Toyota's reliability, and because I was really impressed with the design of the car (internal and external. I also have a 2 year old daughter and the Camry is one of the safest cars on the road. After driving the car for a couple weeks I know I made an excellent decision.

The car is extremely quiet. Its ride is very smooth. Most of all I love all the gadgets: built in bluetooth, all controls (phone, radio, climate control) available on steering wheel, etc.

Increased performance, but not at expense of engine efficiency.

Fun - Sporty - And all the comforts
By Gas Sipper

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Prior to buying this car we had 2 SUVs that we probably put 12 -15k per year on each, averaging 13 mpg. We bought this car to be a shared resource to offload mileage from both cars. THe goal: fun, sporty and comfortably seat our family (accomplished on all). We all love the car. Sitting in the back with 2 kids, I find it to be comfortable. THe car has plenty of zip. For us, the only bad thing is, we are a family of 6. So when we all need to ride (20% of the time), we need to hop back into the SUV.

The gas consumption screen does a great job at helping you figure out how to get the most output from your vehicle.

Lots of feature to access via the screen menu. Perhaps there is a way to make it more intuitive. But if the only problem is the car is too feature rich. Still a pretty good problem. Features are good.