Used 2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 75 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (75 reviews )

Beware of Body Integrity
By zachsgah

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had my Toyota for 8 months and the paint is chipping . Dealer won't do anything about it. It's up to the Toyota rep. Also, I am very disappointed in the mpg. I'm lucky if I get 32 mpg and I drive more than the speed limit. Since the mileage was the main reason for purchasing the vehicle, I'm sorry I bought it. The ride isn't the greatest, but I can live with it. I can't live with a vehicle that is 8 months old that has paint issues nor the mpg for a hybrid.

The comfort and the basic options.

2008 Camry Hybrid
By Jeff

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great car and looks slick. The biggest beef with the car is the trunk and the lack of a big pass thru due to the batteries blocking the opening. The GPS is ok, many off the shelf Garmins or TomToms perform better, but it has definitely improved over previous versions of Toyota's GPS. It handles fine, its not a sports car for sure, but for basic driving its great, and for long trips it is very comfortable when compared to my old mustang. Rear seating room is good, even with normal size people in the front seats. Plenty of places to throw things with pockets all over

Aux jack and heated seats are great for cold mornings and not needing to bring a ton of cds on long trips.

Better GPS, the database seems to be more than a year behind many others being sold as previously noted. Also taking into account ACTUAL speed limits for calculating routes and times.

The car to Buy
By Beth

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I traded an '06 Camry for this '07 hybrid and have never beey sorry. It started in the coldest of weather and even though I commute round trip 100 miles per day (i.e., mostly interstate driving), I rarely get less than 46 mpg highway and have many times reached 65-78 mpg in city driving (my hubby once got a tank avg. reading of 95 mpg in the city). Coupled with Toyota's now-notorious reliability, ahh. I'll never, never, NEVER back to so-called domestic makes after this experience. I've got my cell phone blue-toothed so I can have hands-free conversations, love the car's "smart key" also.

Great car and mileage
By Seajack

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My son bought a Prius and loved it, but my wife needed a car that sat up higher and felt larger. The Camry was perfect, and we've loved it. Quiet, smooth, and the long trips we've taken have been very economical. Great deal.

Quiet, ride, mileage

None

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid
By Jerry G

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I had a 2002 Avalon and was thinking of buying a new 2008 when I looked at the Camry Hybrid. The trunk is the only really comedown, after owning one for 3 months now, it's the best car I have ever had. Quiet, roomy & comfortable, stylist, 37-40 mpg, and a lot of creature comforts. You won't be disappointed.

Seamless transition back and forth from battery power to engine power. Navigation system, while not perfect, is very very nice.

Temperature display should be moved from the window with mileage up to the dash next to the clock. Telescoping steering wheel should extend more toward the seat than it does.