2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Consumer Review: Best car I've ever owned!

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Best car I've ever owned!
By Elsa Hennings on

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is absolutely the best car I've ever owned, and I've owned a lot. It is very well thought out, fun to drive, carries all the luggage my family of five needs for a long trip, and the fuel economy is typically 40 mpg or better. As a mechanical engineer I'm quite impressed with how this car is put together, specifically the merging of the gas engine and electric motor to the transmission. The seamless crossover in power supply is awesome. I'm about to go buy another hybrid Camry, something I never thought I'd do.

Fuel economy is twice what my other vehicles are, translating into half- price gas, which is very welcome right now! Now that hands-free calling is required in my state, the Blutooth capability has turned into a wonderfully useful benefit.

There are definitely some tricks to getting the best fuel economy from a hybrid, one of which is to drive on cruise control as much as possible, and no faster than the speed limit. A list of tips would be a good thing to include with hybrids.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review