Used 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 249 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (249 reviews )

Camry hybird is worst car
By aamir

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Camry hybrid is worst car I've ever seen. I bought this car for almost $33,000 and after I drive this car almost 151,000 mile, the hybrid system cooked. And I change hybrid system for almost $13,000. That means the car cost me $46,000 and still not satisfied from this car because last week fuel system broke down on the highway and I get into an accident. Changed the fuel system for $1,000 again, and at 70,000 miles, the abs break system was shut down. It was changed for $1500. This car is worst car do not buy please.

need recall at least for the hybrid system.

Same problem with GPS screen going black
By Lisa S.

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I also have the same problem with the GPS screen randomly going out. It's in a relatively long line of issues we've had with the car. From a quality perspective, this has been a much higher maintenance Toyota than our previous 3. While I appreciate the fuel economy gains, we've had problems with the indoor cabin air filtration system, brakes, air conditioning and now this significant NAV screen issue. The radio also cuts out from time to time. It seems like there's a malfunction in some of the electronic components or wiring. How that I'm out of warranty and not looking forward to this conversation at the dealer tomorrow.

Rides well on long distances.

Toyota needs to stand by its products the way they used to, without making consumers really have to escalate the situation to get the quality issues resolved.

Lost confidence in toyota
By Linda Zimmer

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After owning my camry hybrid for not even three years, I have totally loved it until recently. My gps screen went black and I cant open my cd player but everything else works on it. Now Toyota is telling me they wont help with this expense even though its under 3 years old. Lost my confidence in toyota.

gas mileage although since the electronic problems with my screen seems to affect my gas mileage cause I'm driving the same amount but putting $20 in every other day before it was once a week.

Better electronics and toyota to stand by there electronic products. Mileage shouldn't matter with a cd player or gps.

Poor mileage for me
By michigandriver

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I traded in a 2000 Lexus for a 07 Camry Hybrid. I don't like it. It does not even compare to the Lexus in quality or comfort. The ONLY time I have gotten close to 40 mpg is on the highway with the cruise set at 60. Otherwise I average between 32-35 mpg, tops. I drive very conservatively and have tried different driving styles to try to improve the mileage, but no luck. Handling (especially cornering) is a bit sloppy with this car (no comparison to the Lexus). The heat/air is also noticeably less efficient with this car than with the Lexus, and also with the previous 3 Toyota's I have owned. I'm going back to Lexus!

Bluetooth is great.

Put an outside air temperature on the rear view mirror instead of having to scroll through the menu on the dash. Put a fast forward/reverse on the CD changer.

3 Years now and I still love my car!
By Sass

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had the 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid for over 3 years now and I still love it. It has a very comfortable ride with a solid, heavy feel that I like. I've taken many long roadtrips with this car - an 8 hour trip - 6 hour trip - several 3 hour trips and I drive to the shore every weekend from the Philly area. I have 2 large dogs that ride in the back seat for all of my trips and they just sleep. I've even taken the car camping a few times with lots of equipment - tents, tarps, aerobeds, cots, camping chairs, tables, coolers, etc. The trunk holds way more than you'd think. Oh and if you set cruise control at 72 mph for a 2 hour trip you'll get around 41 mpg!! I've done that a few times.

Gas mileage obviously - comfort definitely - good interior design - color (jasper pearl) - numerous state of the art safety features - oh and how can I forget the $2,600 I received from the IRS as a gift for buying it!! :)

Bigger glove compartment. Really - it is kinda small.