Used 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan Consumer Reviews - 248 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (248 reviews )

Quiet, Good Lookin but a little slow
By W.Tarchala

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Overall, I love my Camry hybrid. It's got great features, it's good looking and it's super quiet. I had an old Toyota Avalon v6 before which was more powerful then my new Camry and I still remember v6 performance. This Camry could be a little faster, but you can't complain averaging 36 mpg (50% highway, 50% city). Mileage is all about the way you drive anyway. You can get as high as 45-46 mpg in a city or as low as 30 mpg when you do not care at all on a highway.

Steering wheel radio controls. Great console design. Super quiet, especially in E-Mode (electric motor only).

More horse power pleeease. At least 20 hp more :) :)

Cool ride
By chip

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Wow, after owning a BMW that kept having all kinds of little annoying problems, this car fills the bill for me.

Dead quiet, comfort, great mileage.

Better instruction manual for nav system and bluetooth.

Believe the hype
By SoldonHybrid

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After reading multiple reviews, I decided to test drive the Camry. The first thing I noticed was the silence; this car is quiet. The only time you will really hear the engine is if you punch the accelerator. If you drive cautiously and conscientiously, slowly accelerating and decelerating, you will definitely get 38-39 MPG. I'm averaging 500 miles to a tank. The extras: MP3 stereo, leather, sunroof, GPS, bluetooth make this by far the most geeked out car I've owned. The ride is smooth, if not really exciting, but then again, on a long trip you won't be stopping for gas as much either ;). The hybrid batteries do take up some room in the trunk, but I can still fit a full size cooler in.

The bluetooth capability for hands-free cell phone use is a huge safety feature. Every time you drive the car, it will track your fuel consumption and relays your average when you turn off the car (even going so far as to grade your performance: over 36 MPG, the car gives you an excellent rate).

When I first looked at the car, I didn't like its nose (yep, the car has a nose). Over time, the body style grows on you a bit. Other than that, the only improvement would be to continue improving the gas mileage.

A great find!!
By lfmbhm29

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I picked up my car on 3/30. My dealer had to trade for the color I wanted, Gray Metallic. I rode along with the transporter to make sure he kept the speed under 65. He was wonderful, and kept it under 60. I had the opportunity to listen and watch as he drove. At most times you had a hard time knowing if the car had not stalled, since it was so quiet. We drove 100 miles back to the dealer and it averaged 38 mpg. On my drive home, it averaged 41 mpg. It had little road noice since it comes with Michelin Energy MXV4-S8s. I also have a 2006 Camry Solara SLE Conv't. I will never again buy anything but Toyota!!

Stylish exterior and interior, CVT transmission, super quiet ride, sun roof and pretty much everything else.

I really don't have any suggested improvements!!

Excellent Car
By Sean

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I traded in my V8 Ford Explorer for the Camry Hybrid and have been very happy with the decision. The Camry Hybrid is not going to win awards for performance (though it is not bad, just kind of average), but it is well designed and looks great. It also gets great gas mileage (I am getting 36 mpg so far). Well worth the money.

Navigation system, auto door unlock sensor, gas mileage.

Some of the buttons light up on the main control panel and some do not. The ones that don't are hard to see at night. Also, an auto shut off if the key fob is not in a certain range would be a good idea (this car has a push button start so it is easy to forget to turn it off).