Used 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 249 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (249 reviews )

Reliable, Economic and Valuable
By Luis

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It feels as though you're driving in a cloud. The kids fall asleep in it instantly even though the powerful stereo system may wake them. It's a very quite car. You do not hear any noises coming from the engine and for me that is a plus. You get over 600 miles to the tank full and it only needs 17.4 gallons to fill up approx. I love my Camry. First time owner and will continue buying Toyota from now on. It's like buying gold. Try it out I think you won't regret it.

I enjoy the comfort and the smoothe interior design. The stereo system and the phone system is A+. Handsfree Bluetooth It works marvelously. My wife loves it too. It saves us a lot of money on gas and it's very comfortable. You need to drive one to feel the difference.

The only improvements that I see is that it can use a bigger tank to go further but I think 604 miles to the tank full is pretty good . So it really doesn't call for much improvement unless gas prices keep going up.

Quiet, Good Lookin but a little slow
By W.Tarchala

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Overall, I love my Camry hybrid. It's got great features, it's good looking and it's super quiet. I had an old Toyota Avalon v6 before which was more powerful then my new Camry and I still remember v6 performance. This Camry could be a little faster, but you can't complain averaging 36 mpg (50% highway, 50% city). Mileage is all about the way you drive anyway. You can get as high as 45-46 mpg in a city or as low as 30 mpg when you do not care at all on a highway.

Steering wheel radio controls. Great console design. Super quiet, especially in E-Mode (electric motor only).

More horse power pleeease. At least 20 hp more :) :)

Cool ride
By chip

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Wow, after owning a BMW that kept having all kinds of little annoying problems, this car fills the bill for me.

Dead quiet, comfort, great mileage.

Better instruction manual for nav system and bluetooth.

Believe the hype
By SoldonHybrid

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After reading multiple reviews, I decided to test drive the Camry. The first thing I noticed was the silence; this car is quiet. The only time you will really hear the engine is if you punch the accelerator. If you drive cautiously and conscientiously, slowly accelerating and decelerating, you will definitely get 38-39 MPG. I'm averaging 500 miles to a tank. The extras: MP3 stereo, leather, sunroof, GPS, bluetooth make this by far the most geeked out car I've owned. The ride is smooth, if not really exciting, but then again, on a long trip you won't be stopping for gas as much either ;). The hybrid batteries do take up some room in the trunk, but I can still fit a full size cooler in.

The bluetooth capability for hands-free cell phone use is a huge safety feature. Every time you drive the car, it will track your fuel consumption and relays your average when you turn off the car (even going so far as to grade your performance: over 36 MPG, the car gives you an excellent rate).

When I first looked at the car, I didn't like its nose (yep, the car has a nose). Over time, the body style grows on you a bit. Other than that, the only improvement would be to continue improving the gas mileage.

A great find!!
By lfmbhm29

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I picked up my car on 3/30. My dealer had to trade for the color I wanted, Gray Metallic. I rode along with the transporter to make sure he kept the speed under 65. He was wonderful, and kept it under 60. I had the opportunity to listen and watch as he drove. At most times you had a hard time knowing if the car had not stalled, since it was so quiet. We drove 100 miles back to the dealer and it averaged 38 mpg. On my drive home, it averaged 41 mpg. It had little road noice since it comes with Michelin Energy MXV4-S8s. I also have a 2006 Camry Solara SLE Conv't. I will never again buy anything but Toyota!!

Stylish exterior and interior, CVT transmission, super quiet ride, sun roof and pretty much everything else.

I really don't have any suggested improvements!!