Used 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 249 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (249 reviews )

LOVE This Car
By Jay Barz

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love this car! I've only had it for about 10 days but look forward to driving it every day. I love construction zones now! Can set the cruise control at about 27 mph and run on nothing but the electric engine, (sorry everyone behind me). I love shutting it off after driving and getting the "Excellent" rating. I'm still trying to figure out the optimal mpg way to drive it and having lots of fun. It's nice to be able to wait in front of my kids' school for 15 minutes for them to get out and be able to run the a/c in 90 degree temp. and not use any gas or emit any polution. This is a great family car, safe, reliable, great mpg, and low emissions. This is my 2nd Camry, first was 2002.

The CVT, so smooth. On screen engine usage (gas or elec). Smart key, rear a/c ducts, all the standard features are great. JBL stereo, bluetooth, steering wheel controls, Toyota reliability. This is the only car I've bought that I actually read the manual! Actually enjoyed reading it too!

Power mirror controls need to be moved to the driver's door. Power button could be moved to the center a little bit and the a/c "economy" setting should be more visible.

Happy Camper
By exrep

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Traded my 2004 Prius with 68000 trouble free miles for the Camry Hybrid. To date, have 25000 trouble free miles and getting 42 mpg, mostly highway driving. More room than the Prius and more comfort. Both great cars.

Navigation system.

Like to buy a diesel hybrid in 2008.

Better than expected
By Toyo Camry Hybrid

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have never been a toyota fan, but this car is very impressive. The hybrid drivetrain is amazing, and this car is pretty much loaded with everything except wood trim. The mileage is superb (~37mpg overall). The new body style is cool.

Fuel economy, high quality leather, technology is awesome.

Needs more headroom, would like cooling seats (it has heated seats), would like to 'force' electric only operation like the overseas models have, ride can be a little too firm.

Better mileage than advertised
By rae

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We had to wait 4 months before picking up the car and learned after filing our taxes that we were not entitled to the whole $2600 tax refund as we had anticipated. But we are exceedingly satisfied with the car. We are getting 42-44 mpg on long trips going 65-70 mph. Very quiet on the road and no noise when starting to drive with electric engine operating.

Very practical car and very modern technology inside as well as with drive train.

Factory installed XM satellite radio would be a good option.

Terrific car
By Stewn

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Through 11 months and 16,500 miles the Camry Hybrid couldn't have been better. Average mpg is 35.2 with 40 plus mpg at sustained highway speeds (65-70). The performance is more than adequate for hill climbing, two-lane road passing even on hills, and merging onto freeways. The electric motor seems to work like a supercharger. I am very pleased.

CVT transmission,