Used 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan Consumer Reviews - 248 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (248 reviews )

Best car I have ever had
By Ann

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Traded in my thirsty Nissan Pathfinder and haven't regretted it for a moment. I have the blue color with bisque leather and Navigation. The car is very comfortable for both driver and passengers. I have been getting 38-39 mpg for the last few tanks of gas. The first couple months were about 37 mpg. I have learned how to drive differently to conserve gas (funny, it's also safer driving!). I have no squeaking noises in the interior at all. Has enough immediate acceleration to pass on the left without fear. NO regrets at all here!!

Electric mode when driving slowly in the neighborhood, very quiet. I love the way it looks. The driver seat is very comfortable. Hardly have to visit the gas station anymore!!

Rear window wiper would be useful.

Great Car and the hybrid is a bonus!!!
By bikermark

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great car, lots of features, very high tech, build quality 2nd to none! Traded my 2006 Hyundai Sonata on this and am so glad I did!

Bluetooth, hybrid, drive, CVT, all the gadgets, quality of the car, comfort, fuel economy.

None, except a lower price.

Almost Perfect
By crocksntex

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We purchased the Camry hybrid in hopes of saving lots of money at the pump. We have done that and then some with the rising of gas prices. The features (Bluetooth, navigation, instrumentation, etc) are far beyond what we are used to in a car. The car has held to between 36-38 mpg in the San Antonio area. We do a lot of stop and go and some highway for 10-50 miles at a time. It is neat to watch your progress on the huge screen the camry provides in dash. I only wish the Bluetooth was a little better as far as picking up your voice. You have to be very quiet to have a normal conversation but it does the job. We also received the $2600 tax credit for being one of the first to purchase.

Great gas mileage, navigation system built in with hidden CD player, Bluetooth, heated seats, styling, Hybrid system constant updates on screen showing how car is functioning, push button start, super quiet ride and 550+ miles on tank of gas.

Bluetooth could be better at picking up voice in drivers seat - maybe install 2 mics (one next to driver and one near passenger). Navigation system is already outdated after a year where we live. Need to have computer upgrade available online. Gas mileage should be posted as 36/38 instead of 38/40.

Exceeds expectation
By John

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We have had our Camry Hybrid for 8 months and 11K miles. Mileage has improved significantly since day 1. I have a very heavy foot on interstate - still getting 37+ on the highway and steady 35+ in town. I do not drive any differently than previous car. I suspect that mileage would be greater with a little finesse.

Big car feel but definitely small car economy. Navigation system is superb. I like the integrated XM radio. Vehicle is extremely quiet except on hard acceleration.

Trunk space - my wife still complains since we traded in our Caddy. Remote mirror controls needs to be moved - you have to lean into the dash to adjust. Needs power passenger seat and memory setting for two drivers. Get rid of or move the seat belt light on top dash when passenger seat occupied.

One year and still great.
By cal

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Will have had the Camry for one year in a few weeks. The car is great. The only problem was the same as a year ago and that is the size of the trunk. Hope this will be improved upon. Also the nav system is WAY to hard to work.

40 mpg, heated seats, great seats, push start, great ride and overall comfort.

Trunk space. Make nav simple.