2019 Toyota C-HR SUV Consumer Reviews

$21,145

Save as much as $1,887
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

My Ruby Flare CHR (Raijin)

Dan, 01/01/2019
LE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Absolutely fell in love with the exterior of the CH-R! In my opinion it is the most attractive option in its’ class. The ruby flare pearl is stunning in any light! Yes, there’s no awd, but honestly not a deal breaker for me. In “Sport” mode it has plenty of acceleration from the 2.0 . I also like the ride height for entry and exit of the vehicle, not too low or high....just right! The only thingsI feel i would like to change is the center console layout and fuel tank capacity. All in all I am one very satisfied consumer with my Toyota CH-R.

My C-HR is fun to drive

KatK, 11/01/2018
LE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have driven my 2019 C-HR for several weeks, and I love it! It is fun to drive, especially on windy roads, and it turns and stops on a dime. Acceleration is slow and visibility is poor in the backseat, but speed has not been a problem, and I rarely have anyone in the back seats. Its cool exterior makes the C-HR stand out among CUVs, and I think it’s edgy. The safety features are fantastic. I have been very happy with this car, and I recommend it for most drivers.

happy owner

Ed Newton, 01/19/2019
XLE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I've had this car for over a year and a half and I like it a lot. One review said there was a good bit of road noise on trips. I drove a round trip totally 700 miles and found it to be very quite on the road, especially on interstates. As far as comfort, for a small car I found it to be very comfortable and the heated front seats are great. Not sure what Edmunds is talking about. As for exceleration it could have a bit more pep but it's not bad. The lane departure alert is an awesome safety feature as well as the front collision warning system! As far as cargo room I find it to be just fine for my needs. (If someone wants a ton of cargo room, then buy a regular SUV for pete's sake!) Only thing this care doesn"t have but should is a navigation system built in. TOYOTA should realize most people want and need this and it should have been in this car from day one. As far as seeing through the rear window, which some reviews say is hampered by its design, I have no problems seeing when I back up, especially with the backup camera. Overall I find this car to be a perfect fit for me. When my lease is up in a little over a year I hope it has a navigation system by then..... Toyota are you listening? Thank you.

Ad
Build Your C-HR
Build and Pricetoyota.com

Back-up camera monitor problem at night

Al haan, 07/06/2019
Limited 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

C-hr is good car except for two things , first and foremost the back-up camera monitor, At night is a problem , being at eye level , the glair from the monitor obstruct the driver view on the right side when turning, this can cause a problem . The second thing , the headlights have a narrow view, illuminate only the width of the car , I recommend test drive the car at night before you buy it .

A lot of pros and few cons

Thomas Malaglowicz, 11/29/2018
XLE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is a fun car to drive. it is full of technology both when it comes to safety and infotainment. Available satellite/HD radio coupled with smartphone integration and Entune Apps all on a huge 8 inch screen are a huge plus for this car. Getting in and out might take some getting used to for taller drivers and the rear seat is a bit cramped. Still the front seating is comfortable. The steering is tight and responsive and the car accelerates fine in sport mode. Eco-mode and it accelerates slow...very slow. The only real beef i have is with the high beam headlights. Almost no difference from regular lights except they beams seem to be pointing noticeably upward.

Happy I bought it

Ploz, 06/20/2019
LE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Only had the car for a month but I love it!!! I drive on the Interstates quite a bit and use the cruise control then. The front sensor is great being I don't like weaving in and out in traffic. The automatic high beams are a plus also. Handles well in the city or the on the highway!! Electronics are a challenge mainly because I'm not computer literate.

The perfect car for me

LeilaGaitan, 10/05/2019
LE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I absolutely love this car!!!, it has excellent safety features, excellent mileage and is gorgeous inside and out. Definitely the best investment as far as cars I’ve ever made. In regards to the sluggish acceleration, in my opinion, I don’t see a problem with it, it’s perfect for me because I’m not looking to go from 0 to 60 in 5 seconds, this car rides smoothly and responds beautifully once you learn how to maneuver it properly. So far I have no complaints. I’m leasing with the very strong possibility that I might want to buy it later, Toyotas do tend to hold their value over longer periods of time than others makes (unlike the Hyundai Veloster I had previously) and leasing is also a good way to get it for cheaper, plus save at least $400-$500 on maintenance fees yearly.

Camille's Hot Ride

Camille, 04/18/2019
LE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

That is what my co-workers names my C-HR. I have it three weeks now and I love it. I have plenty of room and the three adults I drove around last weekend said they were plenty comfortable. I don't know what everyone is complaining about the pickup or speed, I have no problems, I have to keep slowing down to not go over 80 mph. The silver is a special kind of silver and just so me!!

Sporty

roy wade, 10/18/2018
XLE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

great little car to drive around town,plenty of power around town,very comfortable in front seats.body style turns a lot of heads.

The best economical car I've ever owned

Rock Bailey, 05/25/2019
XLE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I love this car! I have had 2 Honda Elements, 2 Honda CRV's, 2016 Jeep Cherokee and this car, and this is the sportiest, funnest car of them all. I have the 2019 XLE with custom leather seats and it has a very classy interior feel. The interior components are stylish, nice big backup camera screen, great safety features, Smart car features (Would not let me lock my keys in the car, and the engine is so quiet that one day I forgot to turn the engine off and it would not let me lock it). It's a very smooth ride, and exterior is very sharp and sporty. Gas is great too. We made it from Dallas to Oklahoma City on a tank of gas ($26 for a full tank). The back cargo space is not too spacious but I put the seats down and it's works fine. Love this car and highly recommend. The only 3 cons I can think of that really don't bother me is the cup holder before the shift is a little bothersome, highway noise is a little loud, and take off is a little slow but, again, none of these bother me and I will buy another one when my 2019 gets old.

51050