Used 2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan Consumer Reviews - 65 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

poor pannel fit
By lizard533

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

pannel fit is realy bad. Cabin is very very noisey driving on windy days. Good mileage 23-30. great power and smooth motor but so what noisey.
my 08 ltd was about the same while 95 avy was a whole lot better all around, Need to start making then in
JAPAN AGAIN!!
BY till later.

Excellent Sedan
By s56ping

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love this car.
I have had if for two months and have put about 7000 miles on it.
Having come from an SUV the last 15 years, the ride on the Avalon is a big plus.

I really like the cabin room, smooth transmission and engine, and the overall classy interior.

I have been averaging about 23 mpg combined, and have seen 29 mpg on the interstate.

The radio and controls are easy to view and use.

I have the base radio and its works great and even sounds great for a standard system.

The only issue that I have is I could use a little more trunk room.

Larger Trunk. A little more headroom.

Smooth, Quiet, Fast, and Great Mileage!
By robsis

Wow, are we impressed.
This vehicle is such a great road car.
Quiet, smooth ride, with lots of punch if you need to pass.
30+ MPG on the highway and 23-24 in town.
Love the new dash re-design and the six-speed automatic.
You can barely tell it's shifting.
Plenty of room both in the front and back.
Heated/cooled seats are a joy.
Our friend, who drives a Lexus LS460, said our Avalon was quieter than his LS, and just as smooth on the open road.
Our final choice was between the Avalon and a Genesis.
Genesis was a nice vehicle; however, comparably equipped, the Avalon was thousands less and we liked the FWD for our snowy winters.
Test drive it for 30 minutes or more and you'll be sold.

Rear camera and upgraded stereo. Heated/cooled seats. Smartkey system, which recognizes you and sets the seat and outside mirrors to your preference when you get in..an essential when the wife is much shorter than you! The Blizzard Pearl paint. The phenomenal 6 cyl engine, which performs admirably AND gets great gas mileage. The quiet and room in the cabin. The extra stop on the doors, which allows them to open wider for easy ingress/egress (watch out for that car parked next to you!). The back window shade, for when the sun is directly behind you. The auto leveling HID headlamps and bumper integrated fog lamps. Also love all the voice activation features with the bluetooth.

A button to stiffen up to sport suspension mode when in the twisties as the ride can get floaty. The new NAV is tons better than the previous Gen; however, I would like it to re-calc your route automatically if you get thrown off instead of having to ask it manually. Put the temp readout where all can see it, not just the driver. Put distance lines on the NAV integrated backup camera like on the non-NAV one, so you can parallel park with more confidence. Steering wheel is crowded with buttons and can confuse you. Put the Michelin tires on ALL vehicles...we had to seek out the one on the lot with the Michelins. The others had Bridgestones, which are much noisier and cheaper tires.

Good buy
By Gary

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Moved from an ES350 and really like the better visibility, ride (no boat float), comfort and especially much less road noise. Do hear the wiper motors and the whine of the transmission. Had to change out the horrible noisy wiper blades. Very cheap interior by comparison to others in class. It really has great handling compared to others in class. Not sure I will buy another until they get a better interior.

Absolutely the best climate control of any car I have owned - it actually maintains the temp!

Navigation system will not allow you to enter a phone number while driving - makes you pull out you cell phone. How much more dangerous is that - c'mon Toyota!!

Not so impressed
By accountant

2011 Toyota Avalon Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car to replace a 12 year old camry. I thought I was moving upscale but after 3 months I have my doubts. The car runs smooth and has good power, satisfied with the mileage. The materials seem cheap. The panels on the exterior are poorly fit together and don't line up to each other anywhere. Everything is plastic. So far the airbag light was stuck on, they had to replace the seat belt latch. The trunk wouldn't close unless I slammed it hard as I could, they had to redrill and move the latch a little, the rubber weather stripping around the sun roof started peeling back, they glued it down, and now my compass keeps sticking on NE. I prefer my old Camry, more comfortable.

Interior space. JBL sound system.

More attention to detail, better quality parts.